Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Oedipus Tex Classic Thread Forum (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Patriots Planet Photo thread (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=3424)

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 1, on the trail to Russell Pond....

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...where we spent the night smoking cigars and watching moose (although Hawg didn't have his camera ready when the moose were out).

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 2 featured a trek from Russell Pond up into the remote Northwest Basin.....

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our luxury accomodations on night 2 consisted of the quaint Davis Pond Lean-to, located by the shore of Davis Pond, on the northwest flank of Katahdin. A million miles from any signs of civilization.

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our Davis Pond accomodations featured the famous (rated by Backpacker Magazine as one of the top 5 "most scenic backcountry privvies" in the US) New Thunder Gods' Throne

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the seat of the Throne, one could enjoy a spectacular view of Davis Pond...

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 3, we hiked out of Davis and climbed to Katahdin's Tableland. Here you see the one and only Hawg73, still looking pretty good for an old guy who just climbed several thousand feet with a heavy pack....

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are, hoping to find an escalator to take us down to Chimney Pond....

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chimney Pond, where we spent night #3....

pookie 03-27-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dropKickMurphy
Chimney Pond, where we spent night #3....
Wow DKM! That's a post card if I ever saw one.

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here I am, at Chimney Pond, preparing a gourmet omelette for breakfast on day 4. My hair and face are clearly showing the effects of living in the wilderness. As bad as I looked at this point, I can assure you that I smelled even worse.

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tom, Mike (who joined us at Chimney Pond), and DKM (again, Hawg73 was the photographer) on day 4. We're only a couple of miles from our Roaring Brook base camp at this point. After 4 days on the trail, we're thinking of that cooler loaded with cold beer and nice thick prime rib-eye steaks.

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tom watches over the prime ribeyes, while cinnamon buns bake in the dutch oven. Out of camera range, Hawg73 and DKM are putting a major dent in a case of cold Sam Adams.

brew-ski 03-27-2003 03:35 PM

hmmmm....

the more "pictues" I see of Hawg the more I think he played Wilson in HomeImprovement..never quite get a good image of the face....

I also could have sworn that in one of the "wilderness" picture I saw the top of a Nissan Pathfinder....:harumph:

I wont even talk about the rumor that you hired some Tibetan mountain climbers to carry your bags during the trip whos only break was when you donned them for your pictures.....

:shake:

dropKickMurphy 03-27-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pookie
Wow DKM! That's a post card if I ever saw one.
Credit Hawg73 with the photography skills. He is a man of many talents.