Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Brady and Belichick are no longer elite. (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=65139)

12over4 09-23-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932589)
I'm aware.

There were still plenty of mistakes for BB to analyze here, and honestly this game was still winnable despite the refs. Think of missed easy INTs, terrible offensive playcalling that stalled drives, etc. and there is still reason to believe this game was not lost ONLY because of the refs.

But that is from a coaches perspective.

As a fan, I want to forget this game ever happened. I have no idea which team deserves to be 2-1 / 1-2 because that failfest certainly didn't help decide it. That game basically sapped all of my excitement for football right now and I just pray the Pats are super pissed and come out for vengeance next week.

Hopefully this game sparks something in the Pats.

But for now, this game will forever be that 'ridiculous game that everyone knows was filled with bullshit but no one wants to remember' ... except Baltimore fans, the Ravens earned it tonight they say!

Agreed. And nobody every cared what ravens fans have to say anyway.

patsRmyboys 09-23-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12over4 (Post 1932571)
Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

It was worse, they were catching the ball, there was only one on McCourty at the end of the game that I can remember, course I was swearing at the D in a blind rage for the last half of the game so I may have missed them

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932588)
When did he choke? I must have missed it, when did this happen?

Choke was too strong a word. My point is I no longer believe brady wins big games for us anymore like he used too. And that didn't happen, yet again, tonight.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932594)
Choke was too strong a word. My point is I no longer believe brady wins big games for us anymore like he used too. And that didn't happen, yet again, tonight.

Brady played fine tonight, you are pointing your anger at the wrong part of this game...Brady was not the issue in fact without him we get blown out....simple as that.

TheBostonJay 09-23-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12over4 (Post 1932571)
Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

Still waiting for the replay of the DPI call on Mayo.

Refs? :4321:

HSanders 09-23-2012 11:31 PM

Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

Dman 09-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 1932599)
Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

heresy round these parts watch out.....

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Of course not, Brady and BB are to blame for the loss...see the thread title?

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Honestly, after cooling down a bit, this defense still makes me want to ****ing puke.

While the offense is still dangerous, it simply isn't able to score at will like it used to. Having a D that crumbles in every big moment is a problem the Pats have been dealing with for years. Two SBs lost to last minute drives, same thing tonight. The Ravens didn't even have to grind it out ... boom boom boom, easy pitch and catch and they're in FG range.

Sigh.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932597)
Brady played fine tonight, you are pointing your anger at the wrong part of this game...Brady was not the issue in fact without him we get blown out....simple as that.

I agree he played well. My point is the days of seeing Brady step up and close a win for us in a big game, have almost disappeared.

I recent years I expected Brady to march us down to close out wins in big games. I no longer feel this way. Do you?

Further, how many more years does BB need in order to field even a decent defense? He's certainly drafted enough defensive players the last 4 years. Why do they continually suck in crunch time in big games? Is it the players being drafted or is it the coaches? Or both?

imapig 09-23-2012 11:36 PM

If we had the NFL Refs in this game we would have won by 21 maybe more IMO..Momentum is everything the those refs did everything to kill it...

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932603)
I agree he played well. My point is the days of seeing Brady step up and close a win for us in a big game, have almost disappeared.

I recent years I expected Brady to march us down to close out wins in big games. I no longer feel this way. Do you?

Further, how many more years does BB need in order to field even a decent defense? He's certainly drafted enough defensive players the last 4 years. Why do they continually suck in crunch time in big games? Is it the players being drafted or is it the coaches? Or both?

The pats scored 30 points on the road tonight....Brady played as well as I have seen him this year...he answered after the ravens took the lead, he while fighting off horrid play calls for reverses and crap and refs calling OPI's and phantom holds, so no, I do not see Brady as being the reason we lost the game tonight.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932602)
Honestly, after cooling down a bit, this defense still makes me want to ****ing puke.

While the offense is still dangerous, it simply isn't able to score at will like it used to. Having a D that crumbles in every big moment is a problem the Pats have been dealing with for years. Two SBs lost to last minute drives, same thing tonight. The Ravens didn't even have to grind it out ... boom boom boom, easy pitch and catch and they're in FG range.

Sigh.

We scored 30 points on the road tonight....if that is not enough then not sure what to say.

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 1932606)
If we had the NFL Refs in this game we would have won by 21 maybe more IMO..Momentum is everything the those refs did everything to kill it...

It's possible. They saved two Baltimore TD drives. That being said, if the Pats didn't pass up easy INTs and (yet again) utilize awful playcalling at times (reverse lol), they STILL could have won by 10+ points. Despite the refs.

imapig 09-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Those Refs play a HUUGE Part...BB is gonna tell Bob Kraft in private that this is the first time in his memory as a coach that the refs hurt were the decising factor..You won't ever hear him say this in public and he won't let his team off the hook or use it as a excuse,but rest assured he knows...