Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Archives (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Brady and Belichick are no longer elite. (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=65139)

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 10:57 PM

Brady and Belichick are no longer elite.
 
Sorry gang but it is the truth.

Those two guys used to win games for us because they were better at their craft than their opponents. It's no longer the case anymore.

Wiluven 09-23-2012 10:57 PM

Go away bandwagon.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiluven (Post 1932502)
Go away bandwagon.

F' you. Been a Pats fan since Hannah and Grogs.

HomelessJoe 09-23-2012 10:59 PM

So it's gonna be this kinda week huh?

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932496)
Sorry gang but it is the truth.

Those two guys used to win games for us because they were better at their craft than their opponents. It's no longer the case anymore.

Honestly, there might be some merit to your argument, or at least some grounds for making that case.

But choosing to do so after THIS game is pretty :spock:

SkiptoMyLou 09-23-2012 11:00 PM

Well, this should be a fun week. Let's see how many fall off/jump off and overall disappear off the bandwagon.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932513)
Honestly, there might be some merit to your argument, or at least some grounds for making that case.

But choosing to do so after THIS game is pretty :spock:

Why so?

Yeah we are all pissed but it's the truth.

This team used to win games because of superior QB play on offense and because of BB outcoaching the other team on defense. This doesn't happen much anymore!

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:04 PM

Yep obviously it was Brady and BB that cost us the game tonight. lol...who could not see this.

PatsFan09 09-23-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932496)
Sorry gang but it is the truth.

Those two guys used to win games for us because they were better at their craft than their opponents. It's no longer the case anymore.

Dude, you pick a game where Brady threw great, etc, and you think this is on HIM?!

Yeah, the defense didn't play well after the first 3 drives; I'll give you that. But the f'ing refs handed the Ravens the win as well. Drive after drive after drive, the Ravens were handed freebie first downs on ticky-tack f'ing calls, some of which were completely made up.

**** the NFL right now. They have no credibility whatsoever.

HomelessJoe 09-23-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932524)
This doesn't happen much anymore!

:facepalm:

Uh, could that be because we're only 3 games into the season? Or are you saying last season they weren't winning games by Brady's superior play and BB's coaching?

patriots pam 09-23-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932496)
Sorry gang but it is the truth.

Those two guys used to win games for us because they were better at their craft than their opponents. It's no longer the case anymore.

Ban?

Dman 09-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomelessJoe (Post 1932511)
So it's gonna be this kinda week huh?

you ain't helping bumping up the replacement officials bitch thread.....:lame:

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932524)
Why so?

Yeah we are all pissed but it's the truth.

This team used to win games because of superior QB play on offense and because of BB outcoaching the other team on defense. This doesn't happen much anymore!

I've made this argument over the past year and I can't discount the argument.

However, the Ravens were basically given a free pass on TWO touchdown drives in this game. Brady was pretty solid.

The D got ****ed by the refs, but failed when it mattered most, which has happened too many times in recent years.

But like I said, this argument should have been made last week when the team lost to an INFERIOR opponent. Baltimore is a stud team, top 1-3 in the AFC, and received major help from the refs. Your argument MAY have merit, but a 1-point loss in THIS game isn't grounds for making it IMO.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:06 PM

There were other games to make this thread, this game was not one of those....blaming this loss on Brady and BB is sad.

TheBostonJay 09-23-2012 11:07 PM

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...tnX1qlw24b.jpg

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932534)
I've made this argument over the past year and I can't discount the argument.

However, the Ravens were basically given a free pass on TWO touchdown drives in this game. Brady was pretty solid.

The D got ****ed by the refs, but failed when it mattered most, which has happened too many times in recent years.

But like I said, this argument should have been made last week when the team lost to an INFERIOR opponent. Baltimore is a stud team, top 1-3 in the AFC, and received major help from the refs. Your argument MAY have merit, but a 1-point loss in THIS game isn't grounds for making it IMO.



You mean the 3-0 Cards? Saying Brady and BB cost us this game has zero merit for an argument.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:09 PM

Brady choked when he was needed tonight. Like he has too many times of late.

And this D has sucked for so long now I don't know if it's player or coaches that are the problem. This was but another example of that tonight. Par for the f'n course.

ParanoidPatriot 09-23-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932496)
Sorry gang but it is the truth.

Those two guys used to win games for us because they were better at their craft than their opponents. It's no longer the case anymore.

You are right. Bob Kraft should step in right now fire BB and trade Brady.

Smudger 09-23-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932550)
Brady choked when he was needed tonight. Like he has too many times of late.

And this D has sucked for so long now I don't know if it's player or coaches that are the problem. This was but another example of that tonight. Par for the f'n course.

I can't tell if you're serious. I mean, I assume you aren't, but this is kind of a weird time for a joke.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidPatriot (Post 1932551)
You are right. Bob Kraft should step in right now fire BB and trade Brady.

Not a practical solution.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 1932556)
I can't tell if you're serious. I mean, I assume you aren't, but this is kind of a weird time for a joke.

I'm pissed like everyone else. I'm also tired of the D continuing to crap the bed at critical times and I hate that Brady is no longer pulling off wins in big games anymore.

Dominated 09-23-2012 11:16 PM

Im totally done with football until the real refs come back. And I'm not one to blame the refs. This was hands down the worst officiated game I have ever seen on my life they handed em that game on a sivler platter. Fvck you Ratbirds, fvck you refs and lastly fvck you Godell for putting those jack asses on the field. Good bye home feild advantage, hello Jets leading the division. Unreal.

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932539)
You mean the 3-0 Cards? Saying Brady and BB cost us this game has zero merit for an argument.

I didn't say they cost us that game. I meant that losing to the Cards is worthy of a reexamination of the capabilities of this team, including BB/TB.

Losing that cluster**** of agamethatlookedlikefootballbutwasntfootball is one you basically just have to throw away. The D sucked it up as usual and still can't stop a 2-minute drive to save its life, but without those TWO FREE TD drives the game wouldn't have been close anyway.

patsRmyboys 09-23-2012 11:18 PM

These refs are unbelievable... they cost this game, well that and this d's inability to stop one downfield throw by phucking unibrow flacco... defense sucked tonight, absolutely terrible. How many ints will McCourty drop this season?

12over4 09-23-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932566)
I didn't say they cost us that game. I meant that losing to the Cards is worthy of a reexamination of the capabilities of this team, including BB/TB.

Losing that cluster**** of agamethatlookedlikefootballbutwasntfootball is one you basically just have to throw away. The D sucked it up as usual and still can't stop a 2-minute drive to save its life, but without those TWO FREE TD drives the game wouldn't have been close anyway.

Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

patriots pam 09-23-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParanoidPatriot (Post 1932551)
You are right. Bob Kraft should step in right now fire BB and trade Brady.

I agree. Of course I am also functionally insane. :insane:



P.S. I was gonna say functionally retarded but I guess that's not politically correct anymore. Sigh.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932561)
I'm pissed like everyone else. I'm also tired of the D continuing to crap the bed at critical times and I hate that Brady is no longer pulling off wins in big games anymore.

I am not sure what you wanted Brady to do....our oline is not great so his prime weapon Gronk had to stay in and block, we lost another TE with injury, Edelman went down at the half...Brady played great, he is not the one to point at after this one.

Dominated 09-23-2012 11:21 PM

I have to been this pissed since Febuary last year.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932550)
Brady choked when he was needed tonight. Like he has too many times of late.

And this D has sucked for so long now I don't know if it's player or coaches that are the problem. This was but another example of that tonight. Par for the f'n course.

When did he choke? I must have missed it, when did this happen?

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12over4 (Post 1932571)
Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

I'm aware.

There were still plenty of mistakes for BB to analyze here, and honestly this game was still winnable despite the refs. Think of missed easy INTs, terrible offensive playcalling that stalled drives, etc. and there is still reason to believe this game was not lost ONLY because of the refs.

But that is from a coaches perspective.

As a fan, I want to forget this game ever happened. I have no idea which team deserves to be 2-1 / 1-2 because that failfest certainly didn't help decide it. That game basically sapped all of my excitement for football right now and I just pray the Pats are super pissed and come out for vengeance next week.

Hopefully this game sparks something in the Pats.

But for now, this game will forever be that 'ridiculous game that everyone knows was filled with bullshit but no one wants to remember' ... except Baltimore fans, the Ravens earned it tonight they say!

12over4 09-23-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932589)
I'm aware.

There were still plenty of mistakes for BB to analyze here, and honestly this game was still winnable despite the refs. Think of missed easy INTs, terrible offensive playcalling that stalled drives, etc. and there is still reason to believe this game was not lost ONLY because of the refs.

But that is from a coaches perspective.

As a fan, I want to forget this game ever happened. I have no idea which team deserves to be 2-1 / 1-2 because that failfest certainly didn't help decide it. That game basically sapped all of my excitement for football right now and I just pray the Pats are super pissed and come out for vengeance next week.

Hopefully this game sparks something in the Pats.

But for now, this game will forever be that 'ridiculous game that everyone knows was filled with bullshit but no one wants to remember' ... except Baltimore fans, the Ravens earned it tonight they say!

Agreed. And nobody every cared what ravens fans have to say anyway.

patsRmyboys 09-23-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12over4 (Post 1932571)
Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

It was worse, they were catching the ball, there was only one on McCourty at the end of the game that I can remember, course I was swearing at the D in a blind rage for the last half of the game so I may have missed them

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932588)
When did he choke? I must have missed it, when did this happen?

Choke was too strong a word. My point is I no longer believe brady wins big games for us anymore like he used too. And that didn't happen, yet again, tonight.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932594)
Choke was too strong a word. My point is I no longer believe brady wins big games for us anymore like he used too. And that didn't happen, yet again, tonight.


Brady played fine tonight, you are pointing your anger at the wrong part of this game...Brady was not the issue in fact without him we get blown out....simple as that.

TheBostonJay 09-23-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12over4 (Post 1932571)
Literally every time the Ravens went over the top it was DPI. EV-ER-Y TIME

Still waiting for the replay of the DPI call on Mayo.

Refs? :4321:

HSanders 09-23-2012 11:31 PM

Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

Dman 09-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 1932599)
Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

heresy round these parts watch out.....

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 1932599)
Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

Of course not, Brady and BB are to blame for the loss...see the thread title?

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 1932599)
Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

Honestly, after cooling down a bit, this defense still makes me want to ****ing puke.

While the offense is still dangerous, it simply isn't able to score at will like it used to. Having a D that crumbles in every big moment is a problem the Pats have been dealing with for years. Two SBs lost to last minute drives, same thing tonight. The Ravens didn't even have to grind it out ... boom boom boom, easy pitch and catch and they're in FG range.

Sigh.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932597)
Brady played fine tonight, you are pointing your anger at the wrong part of this game...Brady was not the issue in fact without him we get blown out....simple as that.

I agree he played well. My point is the days of seeing Brady step up and close a win for us in a big game, have almost disappeared.

I recent years I expected Brady to march us down to close out wins in big games. I no longer feel this way. Do you?

Further, how many more years does BB need in order to field even a decent defense? He's certainly drafted enough defensive players the last 4 years. Why do they continually suck in crunch time in big games? Is it the players being drafted or is it the coaches? Or both?

imapig 09-23-2012 11:36 PM

If we had the NFL Refs in this game we would have won by 21 maybe more IMO..Momentum is everything the those refs did everything to kill it...

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932603)
I agree he played well. My point is the days of seeing Brady step up and close a win for us in a big game, have almost disappeared.

I recent years I expected Brady to march us down to close out wins in big games. I no longer feel this way. Do you?

Further, how many more years does BB need in order to field even a decent defense? He's certainly drafted enough defensive players the last 4 years. Why do they continually suck in crunch time in big games? Is it the players being drafted or is it the coaches? Or both?



The pats scored 30 points on the road tonight....Brady played as well as I have seen him this year...he answered after the ravens took the lead, he while fighting off horrid play calls for reverses and crap and refs calling OPI's and phantom holds, so no, I do not see Brady as being the reason we lost the game tonight.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932602)
Honestly, after cooling down a bit, this defense still makes me want to ****ing puke.

While the offense is still dangerous, it simply isn't able to score at will like it used to. Having a D that crumbles in every big moment is a problem the Pats have been dealing with for years. Two SBs lost to last minute drives, same thing tonight. The Ravens didn't even have to grind it out ... boom boom boom, easy pitch and catch and they're in FG range.

Sigh.

We scored 30 points on the road tonight....if that is not enough then not sure what to say.

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 1932606)
If we had the NFL Refs in this game we would have won by 21 maybe more IMO..Momentum is everything the those refs did everything to kill it...

It's possible. They saved two Baltimore TD drives. That being said, if the Pats didn't pass up easy INTs and (yet again) utilize awful playcalling at times (reverse lol), they STILL could have won by 10+ points. Despite the refs.

imapig 09-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSanders (Post 1932599)
Bill's gonna get fined...I can't imagine how effing pissed he must have been to lay a hand on a ref. I've never seen him like he's been all this year with the refs. And no, they aren't to blame for the loss.

Those Refs play a HUUGE Part...BB is gonna tell Bob Kraft in private that this is the first time in his memory as a coach that the refs hurt were the decising factor..You won't ever hear him say this in public and he won't let his team off the hook or use it as a excuse,but rest assured he knows...

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932610)
We scored 30 points on the road tonight....if that is not enough then not sure what to say.

Pats NEEDED points on that final drive. Or at least a much longer drive.

I'm not saying that is all on Brady, but THAT is when an elite offense needs to come alive. I'm sick and tired of watching OPPOSING teams get the ball with 2 minutes left, knowing that Brady didn't put the game out of reach and our defense is about the shit the bed.

HSanders 09-23-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932602)
Honestly, after cooling down a bit, this defense still makes me want to ****ing puke.

While the offense is still dangerous, it simply isn't able to score at will like it used to. Having a D that crumbles in every big moment is a problem the Pats have been dealing with for years. Two SBs lost to last minute drives, same thing tonight. The Ravens didn't even have to grind it out ... boom boom boom, easy pitch and catch and they're in FG range.

Sigh.

They still aren't "tough" (or whatever you want to call it)enough to get yards and first downs when they HAVE to have them to close out games. Granted, even when they were, they still sometimes didn't do it (see SB 39)..but the D was clutch when they weren't (see SB 39). This is a very young inexperienced defense and they weren't good tonight...but at least now we have hopes they will get better, unlike other years when they were old/talent depleted/injured, etc.

I'm just glad that Joshie boy stopped all that nancying around tonight when Edelperson got smoked on that cutesy play early on. I'm usually about 90% against complaining about playcalls and more about blaming execution but this one was a "COME ON, MAN!!!!!" night for Josh.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932613)
Pats NEEDED points on that final drive. Or at least a much longer drive.

I'm not saying that is all on Brady, but THAT is when an elite offense needs to come alive. I'm sick and tired of watching OPPOSING teams get the ball with 2-minutes left, knowing that Brady didn't put the game out of reach and our defense is about the shit the bed.

I am sick of teams having 30 second drives for td's and make it so our offense has to be perfect every game or we lose. We were up by 9 points....No offense is going to score on every drive, but this team has to or we lose....but thats the offenses fault? Unreal. That would be like if the defernse was holding teams to 10 points and were crying about them giving up 10 when should have got a shutout.

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932607)
The pats scored 30 points on the road tonight....Brady played as well as I have seen him this year...he answered after the ravens took the lead, he while fighting off horrid play calls for reverses and crap and refs calling OPI's and phantom holds, so no, I do not see Brady as being the reason we lost the game tonight.

I'm curious, do you believe that Brady is money to march us down the field to close out wins in big games as he used to be?

Did you honestly think the Pats offense was going to make a 1st down and seal the win tonight at the end when it mattered most?

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932622)
I'm curious, do you believe that Brady is money to march us down the field to close out wins in big games as he used to be?

Did you honestly think the Pats offense was going to make a 1st down and seal the win tonight at the end when it mattered most?

The pats offense scored 30 points tonight on the road....and that is who you blame for the loss? Amazing. We let the ravens throw 2 passes and they are in FG range, but the offense was to blame....you folks are unreal.

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932617)
I am sick of teams having 30 second drives for td's and make it so our offense has to be perfect every game or we lose. We were up by 9 points....No offense is going to score on every drive, but this team has to or we lose....but thats the offenses fault? Unreal. That would be like if the defernse was holding teams to 10 points and were crying about them giving up 10 when should have got a shutout.

When Brady gets the ball with under 5 minutes to play, up by 2 points, do you think he says to himself: "Damn Tom, you've done great tonight! You've helped score 30 points, so win or lose you did a mighty fine job buddy!"

...

Ya.

All other drives are meaningless at that point. In that moment an elite QB in a supposed elite offense is responsible for that single drive. It's unrealistic to think he will score every single time, but it is also a copout to say that failing to do so is OK.

We, BB, and TB must have known that the D was probably not up to stopping that Baltimore offense. We ALL knew that NE needed points on that drive and the offense stalled, giving Baltimore the ball with 2+ minutes and three timeouts to win the game.

And yes, Brady is extremely important to the success of this team and NE probably depends on him more than many teams do their QBs. But he is also labelled as a potential GOAT in these parts, so I don't have a problem with expecting at least a FG on that drive.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932625)
When Brady gets the ball with under 5 minutes to play, up by 2 points, do you think he says to himself: "Damn Tom, you've done great tonight! You've helped score 30 points, so win or lose you did a mighty fine job buddy!"

...

Ya.

All other drives are meaningless at that point. In that moment an elite QB in a supposed elite offense is responsible for that single drive. It's unrealistic to think he will score every single time, but it is also a copout to say that failing to do so is OK.

We, BB, and TB must have known that the D was probably not up to stopping that Baltimore offense. We ALL knew that NE needed points on that drive and the offense stalled, giving Baltimore the ball with 2+ minutes and three timeouts to win the game.

And yes, Brady is extremely important to the success of this team and NE probably depends on him more than many teams do their QBs. But he is also labelled as a potential GOAT in these parts, so I don't have a problem with expecting at least a FG on that drive.



Fine he is not the goat...I am sure other QB's are out there losing many games when they score 30 points, I am sure its common among Goat QB's. Brady should have lead that block when our run game got stopped, and he should run out and catch the pass after he throws it....Maybe we can put him at corner, he could not worse than McCourty thats for sure. There is not a team in football history that wins a superbowl by "needing" the offense to score on every drive or they lose....but thats Brady's fault..

Dman 09-23-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseontheloose (Post 1932625)
When Brady gets the ball with under 5 minutes to play, up by 2 points, do you think he says to himself: "Damn Tom, you've done great tonight! You've helped score 30 points, so win or lose you did a mighty fine job buddy!"

...

Ya.

All other drives are meaningless at that point. In that moment an elite QB in a supposed elite offense is responsible for that single drive. It's unrealistic to think he will score every single time, but it is also a copout to say that failing to do so is OK.

We, BB, and TB must have known that the D was probably not up to stopping that Baltimore offense. We ALL knew that NE needed points on that drive and the offense stalled, giving Baltimore the ball with 2+ minutes and three timeouts to win the game.

And yes, Brady is extremely important to the success of this team and NE probably depends on him more than many teams do their QBs. But he is also labelled as a potential GOAT in these parts, so I don't have a problem with expecting at least a FG on that drive.

one of the best posts on this board in quite a while....+1

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932624)
The pats offense scored 30 points tonight on the road....and that is who you blame for the loss? Amazing. We let the ravens throw 2 passes and they are in FG range, but the offense was to blame....you folks are unreal.

I agree the D sucks, majorly and has for too many freakin years now.

My question is the same .... did you honestly believe Brady was going to close the game out for us tonight?

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932630)
I agree the D sucks, majorly and has for too many freakin years now.

My question is the same .... did you honestly believe Brady was going to close the game out for us tonight?

I honestly believe Brady played his ass off and if it was not for him, we get blown out, thats what I believe.....

imapig 09-23-2012 11:54 PM

Mark my words Ive seen enough that Baltimore is cooked.. They are nothing and won't be a threat in January.. I hope the Raven fans enjoy another North Title at BEST because thats all they getting...:coffee:

imapig 09-23-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932633)
I honestly believe Brady played his ass off and if it was not for him, we get blown out, thats what I believe.....

true

Pneumonic 09-23-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932633)
I honestly believe Brady played his ass off and if it was not for him, we get blown out, thats what I believe.....

You are avoiding my question, mid.

Did you honestly believe Brady was going to close the game out for us tonight?

imapig 09-23-2012 11:57 PM

I thought our D did ok,not great but ok.. There were 3 really bad series by our D,but other than that I thought they were ok...It would have helped if we had NFL refs out there instead of a couple of drunken meth addicts reffng..:coffee:

mooseontheloose 09-23-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 1932638)
I thought our D did ok,not great but ok.. There were 3 really bad series by our D,but other than that I thought they were ok...It would have helped if we had NFL refs out there instead of a couple of drunken meth addicts reffng..:coffee:

Your sig represents the current state and progression of NFL officiating nicely, with the middle dude being officiating as of last season, the heavy fella being officiating as of 8pm tonight, and that fugly ass pig representing officiating as of the final whistle in Baltimore.

midgar8784 09-23-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932637)
You are avoiding my question, mid.

Did you honestly believe Brady was going to close the game out for us tonight?

He did close it out, I am sorry that he is not able to score a td on every drive, but no QB is expected to do that, not even GOAT QB's....he played his ass off, and we would have been killed without him tonight....so not sure what you think is going to be better.. Nobody no QB....none, is going to be able to win like he has with this crappy defense....none....not going to happen. We need a team....all QB's need some sort of a team....Joe Montana is not winning superbowls scoring 30 points and losing....sorry...

Pneumonic 09-24-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932641)
He did close it out, I am sorry that he is not able to score a td on every drive, but no QB is expected to do that, not even GOAT QB's....he played his ass off, and we would have been killed without him tonight....so not sure what you think is going to be better.. Nobody no QB....none, is going to be able to win like he has with this crappy defense....none....not going to happen. We need a team....all QB's need some sort of a team....Joe Montana is not winning superbowls scoring 30 points and losing....sorry...

But he didn't close it out ...... again for us. That's my point!

Yes, the Pats D sucked bulls balls tonight and yes the refs screwed the pooch. But all Brady needed to do to put this game into the W column was direct this offense to a couple first downs the last drive. It's become all too commonplace that this is not happening anymore for Brady.

midgar8784 09-24-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932643)
But he didn't close it out ...... again for us. That's my point!

Yes, the Pats D sucked bulls balls tonight and yes the refs screwed the pooch. But all Brady needed to do to put this game into the W column was direct this offense to a couple first downs the last drive. It's become all too commonplace that this is not happening anymore for Brady.

He didnt" Funny I thought there were 11 players on both sides....maybe thats the problem, next time they can send players out on the field with him. Yes its common place when teams give up 31 points they usually do not win....yes this is true.

patriots pam 09-24-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapig (Post 1932634)
Mark my words Ive seen enough that Baltimore is cooked.. They are nothing and won't be a threat in January.. I hope the Raven fans enjoy another North Title at BEST because thats all they getting...:coffee:

I want you. :coffee:

Wait...I think I mean it. :huh: :insane: ROFL

CreamedCorn 09-24-2012 12:12 AM

thread is 8/10, would laugh again

imapig 09-24-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriots pam (Post 1932650)
I want you. :coffee:

Wait...I think I mean it. :huh: :insane: ROFL

You'll have to take a number...:coffee:


ROFL

HSanders 09-24-2012 12:31 AM

Luckily the QB realizes this even if some people don't.

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/201...e-transcript-6

On the fact they practice a ’4-minute’ offense and if it was frustrating not to be able to finish the game:

Brady:“Yeah. Certainly it’s the situational football that we talk about, two minute, four minute, two minute was good before the end of the half, you know, 4-minute we got a chance to win it and just don’t play well when we need to. We’ve got to play our best when it means the most, and we’ve got to start winning close games.

HSanders 09-24-2012 12:47 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...to-steve-sabol


9. Patriots will be fine. And fined.
Please remember that I told you this in a few weeks: at some point, people will start talking about the Patriots being done and their dynasty being over and Tom Brady losing his touch and yada, yada, yada. And then after about a week of that chatter, Brady will come out and absolutely eviscerate an opponent.

He does this on a frequent basis and then everyone gets back on the bandwagon. Is it a concern that the Pats have a losing record for the first time since 2003? Yes, of course it is. But that also speaks to how well they've played for the last decade. They're quite a good football team, and the losses they've suffered are to a pair of teams who are a combined 5-1 on the season. They could be doing worse (see: the Saints).

As for the past tense version of the headline, expect both Bill Belichick and Brandon Spikes to get a not-so-friendly call from the league office. Belichick aggressively touched an official after the game and he's going to get pegged with a monster fine. He's a perfect poster boy (or perhaps you prefer the term scapegoat?) for the league nailing coaches who don't fall in line with their stance on the refs. The only question is whether or not the NFL decides to hand out a suspension.

Then there's Brandon Spikes. Spikes tweeted on Sunday night asking, "Can someone please tell these f-----g zebras foot locker called and they're needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint" It got retweeted quickly and don't expect it to simmer down any time on Monday. Spikes should also have some answering to do, assuming he isn't mad at the some actual zebra strike right now.

patriots pam 09-24-2012 01:25 AM

OK so Brady is no Flacco, I'll learn to live with that I guess :coffee:

HSanders 09-24-2012 01:31 AM

http://www.nesn.com/2012/09/tom-brad...officials.html

Tom Brady, Patriots Inability to Convert in Key Moments Far More Responsible for Loss Than Officials

by Luke Hughes on Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:44AM

With just seconds left on the clock and a field goal separating the Patriots and Ravens, Sunday night's showdown in Baltimore felt awfully familiar. The only difference this time was the result. About eight months to the day from the Patriots miracle 23-20 win over the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game, this time Baltimore's kicker was actually able to split the uprights -- well, at least officially. One point ended up making the difference between a win and loss for the Patriots on Sunday, but while football fans everywhere will scream bloody murder at the officiating -- if you wish to call it that -- this loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the 46 guys that took the field for New England. Sure. There were some phantom pass-interference calls, questionable holding penalties and, of course, the ever-controversial last-second kick that went over the goal post, but no amount of poor officiating could steal the responsibility of Sunday's loss away from the Patriots players. Tom Brady and the Patriots offense had plenty of opportunities to close out a well deserved win on the evening, but a lack of efficiency on both of the Patriots final two drives resulted in handing the ball back to the Ravens. A couple of short passes and a monster sack by a pair of Ravens linemen were the difference between solidifying the W and putting the fate of the game in Joe Flacco's hands -- an opportunity he both reveled and thrived in. The New England defense couldn't do anything to stop the oncoming onslaught either. Devin McCourty, who seemed to have rediscovered his coverage skills this season, was exposed time and again as he squared off against the speed and strength of Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith and even Jacoby Jones. The Patriots secondary allowed Flacco to chew up 118 of his absurd 382 passing yards during the Ravens final two possessions -- a shameful amount. The defensive backs didn't help their case any by dropping sure interceptions at different times throughout the game, including two from McCourty and one fourth quarter miscue by a stumbling Kyle Arrington. Those were prime opportunities squandered in big moments. And then of course McCourty's pass interference penalty that set up the game-winning kick just capped off a night of errors and missed opportunities. At least the players held themselves accountable in the end, though, knowing this loss was on them. "It's the National Football League," McCourty said of his less than desirable performance. "If you go out there with no confidence, you'll see a worse display than what I played out there." Ouch, self-criticizing can be tough. But sometimes it's just necessary. Tom Brady wasn't shying away from the blame after the loss, either, putting the emphasis for the defeat on he and his teammates inability to convert in key moments. "We just don't play well when we need to," a visibly frustrated Brady said after the game. That seems to be the trend that these Patriots have suffered from for a few years now. Last year's AFC Championship victory was as much a win by the Patriots as it was a loss by the Ravens. Unlike their first four Super Bowl appearances, last year's felt somewhat illegitimate. Something just feels off in New England. The Patriots haven't possessed that true killer instinct in quite some time, maybe dating all the way back to that nearly magical 2007 season. Brady still shows the fiery desire to win, but it doesn't appear to be that same 'whatever it takes' mentality. Bill Belichick continues to be as prepared and steady as any coach in the NFL, and he definitely doesn't like losing -- that was made quite apparent by his demeanor during Sunday's postgame press conference. But maybe there's a stubborness that's keeping the ultimate goal beyond arm's reach. The reality in New England isn't that Belichick, Brady and company have lost their fastball -- to use some baseball lingo -- or that the passion isn't burning as hot as it once did. Rather, it's just to note that the big moments that the Patriots used to live for and excell in now appear to be their Achilles heel. A concern that although maybe utterly innacurate could be something to consider. The Patriots still have plenty of desirable assets, especially when talking about the characteristics of a Super Bowl contender. But for some reason with this team it feels like there's still plenty left to be desired.

The Hoodie 09-24-2012 02:01 AM

This team will be fine. Just relax.

chevss454 09-24-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932550)
Brady choked when he was needed tonight. Like he has too many times of late.

For the life of me I can't think of 1 single play when Brady choked...when he cost us the game.

There are plenty of thngs to look back and say this or that didn't go quite right, I agree. The play calling on our last possession around the 2 min. mark for one. The sack on Brady for another. But was that really Brady's fault? He had all of 0.75 seconds before he was smothered. Both were way more on McD than on Brady imo. The prevent (or what looked like prevent) D wasn't on Brady.

Imo, the offense did have opportunities to seal the win which weren't taken advantage of and maybe that's your beef. But I blame the play calling which unfortunately sucked at the end of the game both on offense and defense. Brady executed the plays called; he didn't choke.

imapig 09-24-2012 06:41 AM

I don't even want to Hear the Brady is washed up crap. He was freaking awesome last night...We got jobbed and thats that...

Pyxis 09-24-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pneumonic (Post 1932630)
I agree the D sucks, majorly and has for too many freakin years now.

My question is the same .... did you honestly believe Brady was going to close the game out for us tonight?

The defense blows. No doubt.

And I'm not sure it's TFB who is losing his edge or McD who can't call a decent drive. TFB was doing pretty good at the end of the second half until that moronic toss to Edelman that produced an 11 yard loss that killed the drive. That's shitty coaching. BB should fix that before he works on Tommy.
Posted via Mobile Device

tehrick67 09-24-2012 06:53 AM

It is possible for the defense to close out a game. How many easy interception got dropped?

tehrick67 09-24-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyxis (Post 1932700)
The defense blows. No doubt.

And I'm not sure it's TFB who is losing his edge or McD who can't call a decent drive. TFB was doing pretty good at the end of the second half until that moronic toss to Edelman that produced an 11 yard loss that killed the drive. That's shitty coaching. BB should fix that before he works on Tommy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats Josh showing us how smart he us.

Smudger 09-24-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932641)
He did close it out, I am sorry that he is not able to score a td on every drive

So, when Brady can't get one more first down on the last drive, he gets a pass because he led several earlier scoring drives, but when Ghost misses the game winner, it's on him because he missed the last kick no matter how many he made earlier in the game?

(By the way, I'm not arguing that the loss was on Brady; only wondering why you don't subject him to the same high standards you have for other Patriots).

imapig 09-24-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1932701)
It is possible for the defense to close out a game. How many easy interception got dropped?

True,but to be fair I saw our defensive line getting choke hold,while our DB's were getting ticky tacks... We should be up by 20 or more points late in the 4th IMO... Defense will be fine... I'm considering this game a total joke... I hope the Refs and the Ravens Team for that matter get put on a Rocket and sent to the Sun...

bsaeagle64 09-24-2012 07:00 AM

TB should stuff the play calling from the sidelines, ask for the personnel he wants with him on the field, and call his own plays. If he doesn't listen to the OC or HC, what are they going to do? Bench him?

PumpDee 09-24-2012 07:00 AM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89537565_n.jpg

imapig 09-24-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpDee (Post 1932709)

Santa can you put the refs on a sleigh and send them to the Sun...TYIA

bideau 09-24-2012 07:03 AM

By this time next week, the Pats will be back in a tie for the division lead.

imapig 09-24-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 1932711)
By this time next week, the Pats will be back in a tie for the division lead.

True...

chevss454 09-24-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1932701)
It is possible for the defense to close out a game. How many easy interception got dropped?

2 by McCourty.

Arrington got so excited at the prospect of a freebie that he lost his balance and fell to earth.

chevss454 09-24-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1932701)
It is possible for the defense to close out a game. How many easy interception got dropped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehrick67 (Post 1932703)
Thats Josh showing us how smart he us.

Which he did on 34 wasted running plays which went no where.

tehrick67 09-24-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 1932720)
Which he did on 34 wasted running plays which went no where.

Rodney said it at halftime, let Brady throw it 50 plus times, they can't stop him tonight...

Pyxis 09-24-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 1932720)
Which he did on 34 wasted running plays which went no where.

Some go backwards for 11 yard losses. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

bideau 09-24-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 1932719)
Arrington got so excited at the prospect of a freebie that he lost his balance and fell to earth.

The grass should have been called for offensive pass interference :coffee:

Pyxis 09-24-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 1932734)
The grass should have been called for offensive pass interference :coffee:

That's next week. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

Fawn Lebowitz 09-24-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bideau (Post 1932711)
By this time next week, the Pats will be back in a tie for the division lead.

I don't think that losing to the Bills and owning a 1-3 record will tie you for the division lead.:huh:

dchester 09-24-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaeagle64 (Post 1932707)
TB should stuff the play calling from the sidelines, ask for the personnel he wants with him on the field, and call his own plays. If he doesn't listen to the OC or HC, what are they going to do? Bench him?

Yes, that's exactly what would happen.

The idea that Brady (or anyone else on the Pats) played a great game, does not fly with me. They were inconsistent (made some good plays along with some bad ones). Brady started off flat, but the defense played well early on, getting the pick and giving the offense the short field help to get an early lead.

Eventually, the Ravens figured out how to move the ball against our D, but it didn't seem we could adjust again to give them more to think about. There were plays to be made across the board in the second half, but the Pats didn't take advantage of their opportunities. An overall lack of play making (across the board, QB, WRs, DBs, DL, etc) are what was lacking by the Pats especially in the second half, (and poor tackling didn't help either).

They didn't stink (well maybe on a few plays they did), but more they just didn't make enough plays when they were really needed. They had bad games in their superbowl years, so I'm not ready to panic because they lost a close game to a good team on the road last night.

mooseontheloose 09-24-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchester (Post 1932764)
Eventually, the Ravens figured out how to move the ball against our D, but it didn't seem we could adjust again to give them more to think about.

Is it just me or does the D regularly have trouble making adjustments for the 2nd half against good teams? I almost always have more confidence in the unit prior to halftime against good teams, because I'm so used to watching them get carved up and have no answer late in games.

jetophile 09-24-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominated (Post 1932565)
. . . Good bye home feild advantage, hello Jets leading the division. Unreal.

http://improveverywhere-com.zippykid...ages/sui00.jpg

GAH! A jumper! I have to admit that's hilarious, even by my own standards.

The Jets got demolished by Spittsburgh and then the Steelers got beat by Oakland. LMFAO, you can't make it up. Maybe that gives you a small window to peer through of what it's like being a Jets fan, but I doubt it. And I say small window because everybody knows Jets fans live in their grandmother's basements.

Beaglebay 09-24-2012 09:35 AM

This thread is ridiculous.

midgar8784 09-24-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 1932704)
So, when Brady can't get one more first down on the last drive, he gets a pass because he led several earlier scoring drives, but when Ghost misses the game winner, it's on him because he missed the last kick no matter how many he made earlier in the game?

(By the way, I'm not arguing that the loss was on Brady; only wondering why you don't subject him to the same high standards you have for other Patriots).

Gets a pass? Who is giving out passes? People want to come out after a 31-30 loss on the road and say that our coach and QB cost us the game, nope sorry I can't agree, is that giving someone a pass?

Hawg73 09-24-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevss454 (Post 1932719)
2 by McCourty.

Arrington got so excited at the prospect of a freebie that he lost his balance and fell to earth.

I used to have a recurring nightmare that I was on a beach and a tidal wave was coming straight at me, but when I turned to run my legs wouldn't work right, my knees would buckle and I'd fall in the sand knowing I was doomed.

I think that is what happened to Arrington.

I'd say that was Arrington's worst game as a Pat. He was torched all night long, but he could have sealed the deal if he didn't collapse. It was brutal to watch.

I think we need to make a move at that position. He wasn't even competitive.

dchester 09-24-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawg73 (Post 1932810)
I used to have a recurring nightmare that I was on a beach and a tidal wave was coming straight at me, but when I turned to run my legs wouldn't work right, my knees would buckle and I'd fall in the sand knowing I was doomed.

I think that is what happened to Arrington.

I'd say that was Arrington's worst game as a Pat. He was torched all night long, but he could have sealed the deal if he didn't collapse. It was brutal to watch.

I think we need to make a move at that position. He wasn't even competitive.

I don't know what happened. Maybe a mosquito was flying too low or something, but last year he was money on balls like that.

Now, he can't even stay on his feet long enough to catch a gift wrapped interception.

:shake:

Smudger 09-24-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midgar8784 (Post 1932807)
Gets a pass? Who is giving out passes?

Where Brady is concerned, it's normally you.

midgar8784 09-24-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 1932825)
Where Brady is concerned, it's normally you.

I am just responding to this thread....I did not make a thread crying its not Bradys fault....I am responding to the thread. Every loss does not have to be the fault of the QB and the coach...last night was one of those times it was not.

The Hoodie 09-24-2012 11:32 AM

I actually thought Brady played well yesterday, better than the previous games. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, other than to generate a reaction.

The team will be fine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Patriots Planet is not affiliated with the NFL or with the New England Patriots. The views and opinions on this forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners and/or operators of this forum and website.