Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Five Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tom's favorite receiver is back! (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74316)

O_P_T 12-01-2017 12:30 PM

Tom's favorite receiver is back!

1 Attachment(s)
The open one.

From here, comparing 2016 to 2017

In the before time, that was the running joke about the Pats. It appears that losing his binky has brought that back.

I for one think it's a good thing, since it prevents the defense from keying on any one player.

I do find the Cooks numbers disappointing, but I wonder how many of those were deep throws.

I do recall them doing that in some games, and those are inherently low percentage passes.

The fact that he's the only receiver that has 100% of his receptions resulting in first downs suggest the passes to him were longer down the field.

BostonTim 12-01-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_P_T (Post 2482418)

In the before time, that was the running joke about the Pats. It appears that losing his binky has brought that back.

I for one think it's a good thing, since it prevents the defense from keying on any one player.

I do find the Cooks numbers disappointing, but I wonder how many of those were deep throws.

I do recall them doing that in some games, and those are inherently low percentage passes.

The fact that he's the only receiver that has 100% of his receptions resulting in first downs suggest the passes to him were longer down the field.

'scuse. Confused. I see BCooks w/869 receiving yards to date, Don't understand the 116 on your recieving yards chhart. I must be missing or misunderstanding sometyhing. Help. svp.

TommyD420 12-01-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonTim (Post 2482487)
'scuse. Confused. I see BCooks w/869 receiving yards to date, Don't understand the 169 on your recieving yards chhart. I must be missing or misunderstanding sometyhing. Help. svp.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

'scuse. Confused. I see BCooks w/869 receiving yards to date, Don't understand the 116 on your recieving yards chhart. I must be missing or misunderstanding sometyhing. Help. svp.

So nice you said it twice. :facepalm: Nevermind (tm)

Anyway, I say that too, then I went to the link, and saw that it was third-down targets only.

spacecrime 12-02-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_P_T (Post 2482418)

That puts him tied with Amendola for second place according to the table:

Gronk = 106% (16 catches, 3 TDs, 14 First downs)

Dola = 100% (14 catches, 1 TD, 13 First downs)

Cooks = 100% (5 catches, 0 TDs, 5 First downs)