CANNOT wait love the previews.:) "How do I look?"ROFL

HarpoonIPA
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
CANNOT wait love the previews.:) "How do I look?"ROFL

He is such a goofball ROFL

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
He is such a goofball ROFL

I can't wait to see what Dwight comes up with.:)

EasyBigFella*
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
The Office has jumped the shark. This show was great, but NBC "Friends'd" this show by turning into into a romantic comedy and killing the original premise of the show.

HarpoonIPA
10-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't wait to see what Dwight comes up with.:)

I hope Dwight does some crazy sh!t:thumb:ROFL

HarpoonIPA
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
The Office has jumped the shark. This show was great, but NBC "Friends'd" this show by turning into into a romantic comedy and killing the original premise of the show.

:confused: Do you actually watch the show? Not even close to the worst show to ever be made for TV in friends:confused:

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Nah it is still really great and far from a romantic comedy like Friends. There is so much sarcasm and subtle physical humor still to be seen on The Office. I didn't care for friends which was a much more run of the mill sitcom.

The Meredith intervention episode from last year on the Office has to be one of the best ever.:)

EasyBigFella*
:confused: Do you actually watch the show? Not even close to the worst show to ever be made for TV in friends:confused:

I watched it regularly until this year. "Friends" started off funny, but turrned into the "Rachel and (name of dorky guy I cant remember) show".

NBC loves to turn good comedies into romantic comedies and kill them. Add this one to the list.

PatrietteAz

I am confused as well since very little of the comedy on the show has to do with the romance aspect.

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I watched it regularly until this year. "Friends" started off funny, but turrned into the "Rachel and (name of dorky guy I cant remember) show".

NBC loves to turn good comedies into romantic comedies and kill them. Add this one to the list.

THere is very LITTLE romantic comedy on The Office actually. Unless you mean that Dwight and Angela thing was a cliche romantic comedy story line?:)

Not trying to convince you otherwise but I don't get this particular critique is all.

tommysgirl
10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm so excited for this. I never watched the show until this winter when FT made me. We rented every season and watched all the episodes and I love it.

EBF...I was a huge fan of Friends but I don't get the comparison at all. They are two totally different shows.:shrug:

EasyBigFella*
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I am confused as well since very little of the comedy on the show has to do with the romance aspect.

Yes it does, they started it two years ago when they forced Michael to have a love interest (his boss, then the real estate lady).

I loved The Office because it was about work. I really don't care about the love lives of the characters. I'll probably watch it tonight anyhow.

HarpoonIPA
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Nah it is still really great and far from a romantic comedy like Friends. There is so much sarcasm and subtle physical humor still to be seen on The Office. I didn't care for friends which was a much more run of the mill sitcom.

The Meredith intervention episode from last year on the Office has to be one of the best ever.:)

I wonder if Pam and Jim will be staying at Schrute Farms for there honeymoon? And if Mose will chase there car like a dog againROFL

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm so excited for this. I never watched the show until this winter when FT made me. We rented every season and watched all the episodes and I love it.

EBF...I was a huge fan of Friends but I don't get the comparison at all. They are two totally different shows.:shrug:

He has enriched your life in MANy ways then. Kudos.:)

O.Z.O.
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
'The Office' is one of the funniest shows on TV, great writing ('Family Guy' is the only show that I can think of that I would consider to have better).

This episode has a lot of potential. Hopefully they won't gakk it.

Brady's Bunch
10-08-2009, 01:00 PM

I agree with this. Show has gone downhill though I still try to watch it. I'll probably watch it tonight but it's gone from being 'The Office' to kind of being just like every other show.

PatrietteAz
Yes it does, they started it two years ago when they forced Michael to have a love interest (his boss, then the real estate lady).

I loved The Office because it was about work. I really don't care about the love lives of the characters. I'll probably watch it tonight anyhow.

Yeah the Jan thing was not my fave but some parts of it were great because of how much alike they thought and acted at times.:) Plus it helped him diss that other beeyatch whose names escapes me at the moment.

Did you see the Christmas party/Meredith intervention last year EBF?

tommysgirl
He has enriched your life in MANy ways then. Kudos.:)
More than I could ever possibly put into words. :)

Brady's Bunch
10-08-2009, 01:01 PM
'The Office' is one of the funniest shows on TV, great writing ('Family Guy' is the only show that I can think of that I would consider to have better).

Did you really just say that Family Guy has good writing? I think it has some of the worst writing of any show I've ever seen.

Oswlek

There is only so long you can play the "unresolved sexual tension" card.

And besides, Dwight and Michael are still the primary players. If anything, Jim's relationship with Michael in light of his promotion is a bigger focus than his with Pam.

PatrietteAz

I totally agree there IS great potential to eff it up but I think there will be some wicked good sarcastic moments. How can their not be I just hope Stanley is a guest.:)

Oswlek
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Did you really just say that Family Guy has good writing? I think it has some of the worst writing of any show I've ever seen.

Apparently he never saw South Park vs. Family Guy.

tommysgirl
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
There is only so long you can play the "unresolved sexual tension" card.

And besides, Dwight and Michael are still the primary players. If anything, Jim's relationship with Michael in light of his promotion is a bigger focus than his with Pam.
The opening five minutes last week with Dwight running back and forth and filing a complaint against Jim to Jim had me ROFL

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Apparently he never saw South Park vs. Family Guy.

I can't watch Family Guy though I WANT to like it I just don't get it. Maybe it is my age? Not sure but I am a South Park FANATIC to this day still LOVE it.

O.Z.O.

yes I did, and I stand by it. 'Family Guy' is probably THE funniest show on television.

Jaric

not to threadjack, but while family guy might be funny, they basically just rip plot lines from old simpson's episodes, toss in a pop culture flashback or two, add some borderline offensive jokes and call it a day.

Oswlek
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I can't watch Family Guy though I WANT to like it I just don't get it. Maybe it is my age? Not sure but I am a South Park FANATIC to this day still LOVE it.

Did you ever see the specific SP episodes (2 parter) where they rip Family Guy.

Fvcking. Hillarious.

PatrietteAz
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Did you ever see the specific SP episodes (2 parter) where they rip Family Guy.

Fvcking. Hillarious.

Yeah I did and realized that was what you meant after I posted that.:)

Brady's Bunch
10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
yes I did, and I stand by it. 'Family Guy' is probably THE funniest show on television.

I could write an episode of family guy.

Peter lost his job! Goes home feeling blue. Lois consoles him. Hey Peter, you can do lots of things, like the time you saved a whale with tweezers and a rubber band. Flashback to Peter with a mullet/macgyver look trying to move the whale with tweezers and rubber band, failing, then saying something like 'gonna need something a little more...whaley...'

Boom, family guy joke number one. Hell, even manatee's could write this stuff.

O.Z.O.
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Peter lost his job! Goes home feeling blue. Lois consoles him. Hey Peter, you can do lots of things, like the time you saved a whale with tweezers and a rubber band. Flashback to Peter with a mullet/macgyver look trying to move the whale with tweezers and rubber band, failing, then saying something like 'gonna need something a little more...whaley...'

to each his own. I'm sure you like something that I think blows.

Jaric
10-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Boom, family guy joke number one. Hell, even manatee's could write this stuff.Win.

Jaric
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
to each his own. I'm sure you like something that I think blows.
Don't get me wrong, it's funny.

It's just not very original.

Oswlek
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Dude. Haven't you heard? Manatees DO write Family Guy.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:103666" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

Brady's Bunch
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM

This.

Brady's Bunch
10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Dude. Haven't you heard? Manatees DO write Family Guy.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:103666" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

hahaha hell yeah, i love that episode.

O.Z.O.
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM

never said it was. I just enjoy the way the jokes are presented. I happen to like mind-numbingly stupid shit. I LOVE bad movies, was a huge MST 3000 fan.

Oswlek
10-08-2009, 01:57 PM
never said it was. I just enjoy the way the jokes are presented. I happen to like mind-numbingly stupid shit. I LOVE bad movies, was a huge MST 3000 fan.

If you like bad movies, you will LOVE this. Probably the worst movie ever made. It is so bad, it goes beyond the bad scoring realm and flips back to good, like I used to do with Atari Vanguard back in the day. As an added bonus, it is Mr. Van Damme's first movie.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBCLDuuylog&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBCLDuuylog&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just follow the clip to the youtube page and you can find links to the rest of them.

No retreat! No surrender!

king of kings
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I just started watching the Office. this past summer already watched a few seasons of on DVD.

3 Point Stan
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Pretty good.

I might even say the best episode in years.

anderson
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Had to quit on the Office when it became a soap. It was awesome the first few years.

Michigan Dave
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree with EBF. I love me some Office, but it's getting painful now. The Michael character is too ridiculous and over the top to appreciate. He used to be hilariously naive but also displayed a clever business savvy ability (the Chilis episode, for example.) Now he's busting up Phyllis's wedding, Jim's wedding, etc. and acting completely unbelievable.

The Jim/Pam thing is overdone, too. And Ryan coming back after the incident when he was a VP is ridiculous.

I still enjoy the show, but it's just not what it was. Although Dwight tonight was tremendous.

Grumpy_Bottom
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Color me one of the very few people who has never really found the show funny. I've tried, god knows, given it chance after chance after chance, I love pretty much every movie Steve Carrell has been in, and I've spent enough time in Ithaca, NY, Binghamton, NY, and Bethlehem, PA to feel the Scranton vibe, but the artificial discomfort the show tries to induce just doesn't do it for me.

anderson
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll also add that I think the first few seasons of Family Guy were both well written and hilarious.

Then it turned into Brady Bunch's style writing.

tehmackdaddy
10-08-2009, 10:56 PM
The Office used to be funnier. Now it has characters I'm supposed to care about and plots I'm supposed to follow. Bleh.

Does anyone else think that "Parks and Recreation" is the new "That 80's Show"?

Number Cruncher
10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
The Office is good, not great.

Family Guy rocks. The "Deep Throats" episode was outta this world. "Brian, he's knocking on the back door, what should I do? Should I let him in?"

But the funniest single episode of any comedy is the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode entitled, "Beloved Aunt". "It's a typo, a tyyypppo."

O.Z.O.
10-09-2009, 07:50 AM
The Office used to be funnier. Now it has characters I'm supposed to care about and plots I'm supposed to follow. Bleh.

Does anyone else think that "Parks and Recreation" is the new "That 80's Show"?

depends on whether or not you liked that show. I kind of did. I actually think 'Parks and Recreation' has picked up some steam and is getting funnier. On top of that, Quincy Jones' daughter is quite easy on the eyes.

tommysgirl
10-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm still laughing at The Office last night.ROFL

anderson
10-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Rashida Jones makes me drool.

O.Z.O.
10-09-2009, 08:34 AM

absolutely

tehrick67
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
:coffee:

PatrietteAz
10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
:coffee:

Thanks Rick. We had to pause it about 5 times while one or more of us laughed and didn't want to miss anything. Loved the party inthe room and Dwight was effing classic in this one especially his wedding present.:)

Kevin's shoes rocked as well.ROFL

On the SWEET side I ADORED the Falls wedding and scenes after it.

PatrietteAz
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Who dat?

3 Point Stan
10-13-2009, 02:28 PM
depends on whether or not you liked that show. I kind of did. I actually think 'Parks and Recreation' has picked up some steam and is getting funnier. On top of that, Quincy Jones' daughter is quite easy on the eyes.

I didn't think it stood a chance in it's first season. It's definitely funnier so far this year.

Problem with this show is that Amy Poehler is pretty funny and she's confined a bit by her characters of Michael Scott-rip-off-like persona. I'd like to see her morph a bit.

Costanza
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
On the SWEET side I ADORED the Falls wedding and scenes after it.

I got weepy with that :o

tommysgirl
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
I got six numbers. One more would have been a complete phone number.

HarpoonIPA
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
It was top notch entertainment once again

Oswlek
10-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree with EBF. I love me some Office, but it's getting painful now. The Michael character is too ridiculous and over the top to appreciate. He used to be hilariously naive but also displayed a clever business savvy ability (the Chilis episode, for example.) Now he's busting up Phyllis's wedding, Jim's wedding, etc. and acting completely unbelievable.

The Jim/Pam thing is overdone, too. And Ryan coming back after the incident when he was a VP is ridiculous.

I still enjoy the show, but it's just not what it was. Although Dwight tonight was tremendous.

Just a couple replies:

1) I've watched quite a few of the early shows recently and the Michael in those was just as much of a train wreck as he is now. The Chilli's episode (as well as a couple others where he is out on a sales call - he seems to actually be a decent salesperson) were the only ones he ever displayed savvy or restraint. Long before this season, or last for that matter, my brother used to talk about the lack of believability of Michael's character.

2) I actually think they have downplayed the Jim and Pam thing. Prior to the wedding, it was a side story to others like Jim's promotion.

3) Ryan coming back was a bit bizzare, but at least they did it through the Michael Scott Paper Co. acquisition.

CleatMarks
10-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Since I've never watched a single episode of this show, do I have to watch this? Isn't this a fictional wedding of two people on a TV show? What's the big deal since I know nothing about the show?

PatrietteAz
10-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Since I've never watched a single episode of this show, do I have to watch this? Isn't this a fictional wedding of two people on a TV show? What's the big deal since I know nothing about the show?

Nah it wouldn't be the same if you don't know the characters and some of the history. So do what TG did and get caught up on Netflix.:)