PDA

View Full Version : Was it wrong of me.......

Ras
09-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Earlier this week I met with the Board of Trustees of a condominium that I manage. The meeting was to set them straight about the finances and the proper way to run a condo board and trust.

The meeting wasn't too problematic or contentious and after an hour, things appeared to be smoothed over and they understood what needs to be done and how it should be operated.

When they left, one of the Trustees stated, (add portuguese accent) "Now that we are good friends, you want me to make you something, you let me know." So I responded, (add american/semass accent) "Some day you can make a panela of sweet rice."

Well, this morning, I got a call from her and she said I could pick up the sweet rice and a cake this morning. I really wasn't expecting it, but I went and picked up the stuff.

Once I got back to the office, I had to leave to run another errand. When I left, I left the cake and sweet rice in the frig.

Was it wrong of me to tell my sister she should try a piece of cake and some sweet rice while I was gone and that if I found her on the floor dead, it would confirm my suspicion that the food was poisoned?

harrisonhits
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes yes it was very wrong of you. Portuguese are fighters not poisoners. If the had a real problem with you they just would have given you a beating....

HarpoonIPA
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I think it is smart thinking to encourage your sister to be an unwittingly lab rat in your demented mind :D

You do have a trip that has been paid for to London after all :thumb::toast:

mikiemo83
09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
isn't there some office help that could sample the food that isn't a relative?

PA_PATS_FAN54*
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM

What he said!?

Have you called your sis to see if she is still coherent?

3 Point Stan
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Did she let you sample her "Portuguese Sweet Muffins?" (wink, wink)

RoadGrader
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Earlier this week I met with the Board of Trustees of a condominium that I manage. The meeting was to set them straight about the finances and the proper way to run a condo board and trust.

The meeting wasn't too problematic or contentious and after an hour, things appeared to be smoothed over and they understood what needs to be done and how it should be operated.

When they left, one of the Trustees stated, (add portuguese accent) "Now that we are good friends, you want me to make you something, you let me know." So I responded, (add american/semass accent) "Some day you can make a panela of sweet rice."

Well, this morning, I got a call from her and she said I could pick up the sweet rice and a cake this morning. I really wasn't expecting it, but I went and picked up the stuff.

Once I got back to the office, I had to leave to run another errand. When I left, I left the cake and sweet rice in the frig.

Was it wrong of me to tell my sister she should try a piece of cake and some sweet rice while I was gone and that if I found her on the floor dead, it would confirm my suspicion that the food was poisoned?well I'll tell you what Mr. Was-it-wrong-of-me, would it be wrong of me I call the office and speak w/ that sweetheart of a sis of yours and tell her about this thread? :Lecture: :shake:

Ras
09-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Well, the others are in offices in RI so I couldn't have them try the food. My step-daughter usually is here, but she took a few days off to go to Maryland with her husband and a few friends.

But anyway, sis had a piece of cake and she is fine. Now to get her to try the sweet rice..........

Ras
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Did she let you sample her "Portuguese Sweet Muffins?" (wink, wink)

Good god no!! She is about 120 years old and about 3' 7". Not my type.

Ras
09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
well I'll tell you what Mr. Was-it-wrong-of-me, would it be wrong of me I call the office and speak w/ that sweetheart of a sis of yours and tell her about this thread? :Lecture: :shake:

Go ahead fanboy!! I know you are threatening me with this, but in reality you just want to talk to her.

CleatMarks
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
You should have tasted it first. If it was good, why share? ;)

mikiemo83
09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Go ahead fanboy!! I know you are threatening me with this, but in reality you just want to talk to her.

well she is an extremely easy person to talk to so one could not blame RG for calling to check on her well being

Box_O_Rocks
09-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, it was wrong of you. The accepted way to deal with an extraneous sister is to sell her out of the area, usually to the fan of another team. OBF would be a good case study, she was sold off to a Raiders fan.

OSUBuckeye
09-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Good god no!! She is about 120 years old and about 3' 7". Not my type.

Well she probably has no teeth & you can rest your beer on her head when she is going to town on you.:shrug:

Mr. Happy Sock
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe no poison in the cake, but DEFINITELY some DNA in at least one way (Probably at least 2)

Enjoy the food!

O_P_T
09-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Was it wrong of me to tell my sister she should try a piece of cake and some sweet rice while I was gone and that if I found her on the floor dead, it would confirm my suspicion that the food was poisoned?

I don't know, do you like your sister?

Also if cake and sweet rice are the Portuguese version of cannoli's, then a taste tester is probably a good idea.

Spinal Tap
09-24-2009, 09:33 PM

I believe they are called "Tasters", and are most likely still somewhat legal. I'd say you're good.