PDA

View Full Version : Batten down the hatches

Hawg73
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure of how many people that post here know of the mini-drama that is still playing itself out over at the Titan's TOMB message board.

They were bombarded with Pats trolls in the weeks leading up to the game and are in a major snit over their mistreatment by same and are seeking to rid the board of all Pats fans by whatever means necessary.

The following is a reply I just made to a thread which was intended to get the Colts trolls and Pats trolls together and let them tear each other up so that the TOMB can rest in peace, but I think it is a bit more than that and is being bumped for another less noble purpose. You can read my reply and the thread if you wish and decide if I went overboard or not.

I have heard of Titanpop, but only that he was at www.patriotsplanet.com "watching TamTitanFan's (aka Pebbles) back" as if she would be accosted by vile Pats trolls or whatever horrible things you imagine would happen to somebody unfortunate enough to fall into the clutches of knuckledragging Patriot fans.

Ask her if she had a problem there. Ask Mike McFan. Ask some of the others that stopped by. Don't believe me.

I tried to make a few posts here and have some kind of positive relationship, but was treated like dirt due to the team I root for and not because of any overt troll behavior and figured "Fair enough, they are getting clobbered by morons and have their panties in a bunch...that's life", and left your site and went back to my own knowing that no fun or informative dialogue could take place under the circumstances.

Paint us all with the same brush, I don't care.

I have an issue with an established member basically siccing his "troops" on our website because it is a convenient scapegoat. Of all the Patriot "trolls" that have been here the only people besides myself that call Patriotsplanet home are Pookie, BionicPatriot and MrTibbs and God knows we tried to be friendly, but could plainly see we were wasting our time here.

We never hid and posted several links to our place to generate some fun, but you guys haven't apparently been able sort much of anything out what with all the sappers under the wire.

I have seen mention of other reputable Patriot sites like Patsfans.com and Kffl.com (who are HUGE compared to us) and there are many others, but it is probably just simpler to try and spam up our site because you are too d*mn lazy to read your own site for info regarding others.

I keep reading that the Patriots.com s*cks (it does) and as a former moderator there can vouch for the fact that it is a magnet for problem children no matter what emblem shows up on their hat. Can I prove that that is where the trolls emanate from? Nope and neither can you. Such is internet life.

If you are so prescient that you can determine the origin of the people that spammed up your wonderful little shangri-la here and seek some form of cheap revenge, then all I can say is bring it on.

Not that any of this is our fault, but if you people are so angry and insulted that you need to vent your spleens then please do so before you hurt yourselves or somebody else that you care about.

To all Titan fans who have read this thread all I can say is do whatever you please, nobody is stopping you. If you decide to try and destroy our site because of what happened here, then have at it, but before you do, take a look around and decide for yourselves if the kind of sophomoric baloney that you saw here came from our site.

If you do, then you will have your answer.

Sincerely,
Hawg73
Moderator/www.patriotsplanet.com

The full thread is here:

http://www.titansonline.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=8;t=14011;st=0

Hawg73
01-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Well, the idea was obstensibly to get the Colts people to come here but I think they have all been looking for an outlet for their frustration and no matter how many times you tell them they act like they just discovered the place and we've been hiding in the weeds with a guilty look on our face.

I don't get these people.

pookie
01-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Tell 'em to bring it Uncle Hawg!!!!

I've got my "ban" finger loose and I'm ready for action.

I must say they are a bunch of ignorant, over sensitive dunces over there (with the exception of a couple of folks and of course, Pebblypoo). I tried real hard to be civil and keep it all fun, but as you saw with your first olive branch, they only know how to attack and lash out at fans from other teams. I posted one "congrats on a good season" thread over there after the game and then hit the road. They truly believe that their board is for Titan fans and Titan fans only. There were a couple of Pats fans that were out of control, but there was no "spamming" of their board, as they put it. Their mods should have been able to easily handle the one's that posted foolish threads and such. There were other Pats like PatsR and Bam Bam that are master trolls and the Titans fans had no idea how to combat these fellows. PatsR and Bam Bam confused these poor folk with large words and shiny objects. They were stumbling over each other with anger after each and every quick witted response. Then came the stats.... Statistics really angered the Titan faithful because their Eddie George and Steve McNair were just going to beat up our Patriots.... cuz they said so!!!

Your post was too nice. I was a nice troll over there, but one night those jagoffs had me so peeved that I had to log off before doing something I regretted.

Once again. Bring 'em on!

01-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by pookie
I've got my "ban" finger loose and I'm ready for action.

I must say they are a bunch of ignorant, over sensitive dunces over there....

Oh no, not the Waco Kidd again.... No one bans them faster than the Kidd. ;)

That board is too uptight. Sorry Pebbles but its true. They aren't any fun. Most boards will let you be a playful troll but they were just too straightlaced, and hypocrites to boot. It was okay for them to sling mud but if we dared to return it, we were "classless." Oh, and yeah, I was there, Bam Bam at your service....

I am a troll. A troll I am. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Bam Bam I am.

runnerone
01-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by NoRespect

I am a troll. A troll I am. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Bam Bam I am.

Would not a troll by any other name be a troll just the same? ;)

ItsGood_ItsGood
01-12-2004, 08:53 PM
I think I speak for all of us here who wished we put forth the effort to spend time on the Titan's board. After reading this thread and looking through what they have to offer over there, I didn't miss anything. We'll look forward to what the rest of this season still has to offer, followed by and an off season rich with draft picks. they can look forward to this bitter pill followed by a $16 million salary cap purge. Good riddance.

runnerone
01-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I went to their site, and found the level of intelligence there to be somewhere between 8th grade and the freshman 10#. I posted on two threads but never bothered to check back for replies. I had a lot more fun harassing the Donks, they had spirit!

BionicPatriot
01-12-2004, 09:26 PM
It really pissed me off personally. I tried saying guys, it was a great game your team played hard. And my topic was raped with bitchy Titan fans screaming, **** YOU YOU DAMN PATS FAN!!! I mean sure, there were idiots over there. But did we attack the Dallas boards after they stampeded our boards? No. Do we go after Finheaven.com because of Dolfan? No. These people need to grow up.

Though I am only 17 I can say their maturity level is so low its sad. Its pathetic when someone cant take trash talk. NEWS FLASH: Every goddamn team in this league has arrogant retards in their fan base. It is the way the world was made. But for them to generalize Pats fans? I smell a hypocrite. I was a troll no doubt, but not horrible. I launched no personal attacks. Hell, that was my cleanest troll job EVER. I remember at coltfreaks.com I made ALOT of nasty remarks and they laughed it off.

I had so much respect for this fanbase at first. Now I have nothing but hate for them. They can all go to hell. Their team sucked, they were beat. Have a fun offseason you damn hillbillies.:4321: