PDA

View Full Version : Comey: Bill Belichick has a lot of questions to answer

Box_O_Rocks
07-30-2009, 12:10 AM
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090730/SPORTS/907300382/-1/NEWSMAP

Oswlek
07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
But while [Pioli and Seeley] were replaced in clear ways, McDaniels wasn't. McDaniels was highly regarded enough to get a plum head coaching job in Denver, yet Belichick hasn't truly replaced him — it's assumed that QB coach Bill O'Brien will fill the role, but he doesn't have the title. Is Belichick planning on adding playcalling to his mix, and if not, will breaking in O'Brien prove to be a huge distraction?

Yes, because it was an enormous distraction when NE did the exact same thing just 4 years ago with McDaniels. :rolleyes:

The Patriots have four guys that are naturally defensive tackles (Vince Wilfork, rookie Ron Brace, Mike Wright, Richard Seymour)

:huh:

If you want to call Wright and Seymour "natural" defensive tackles, then every damn DL on the roster is a tackle. From the rest of the question he appeared to be going after the issues at OLB, but he answers his own damn question within the idiotic lead in. NE's DL depth is a strength, but they are suited for the 3-4.

Will the aging offensive line stay intact?

:blink: WTF?

Other than Neal, who of the starters is a risk of breaking down and missing time due to age? And didn't NE just bring in a bunch of new blood anyway, giving them more depth than they have had in a while?

At cornerback, projected starters Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden are both question marks — Springs is old and injury-prone, and Bodden just played on one of the worst secondaries in league history with Detroit. Clearly, Butler has the opportunity to play his way into the starting rotation as early as Week 1.

At safety, starters Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders have yet to establish themselves as parts of a championship defense. This leaves the door open for Chung — who wants to be called Pat, by the way, not Patrick or Eugene — to step in and become the leader of the secondary as a rookie. It's a role he filled in college, and his all-out style and smarts could translate to a similar role in the NFL.

So, because the FAs signed have question marks, he can leap right over the guys who were drafted last season, both of whom have starting experience?

And Meriweather/Sanders have been major contributors to a team that has gone 29-6 the last two seasons. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off just yet.

That said, I am intrigued by both Chung and Butler. Chung I am particularly high on.

BOR, do you even read the trash that you splash all over this board? :harumph:

midgar8784
07-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, because it was an enormous distraction when NE did the exact same thing just 4 years ago with McDaniels. :rolleyes:

:huh:

If you want to call Wright and Seymour "natural" defensive tackles, then every damn DL on the roster is a tackle. From the rest of the question he appeared to be going after the issues at OLB, but he answers his own damn question within the idiotic lead in. NE's DL depth is a strength, but they are suited for the 3-4.

:blink: WTF?

Other than Neal, who of the starters is a risk of breaking down and missing time due to age? And didn't NE just bring in a bunch of new blood anyway, giving them more depth than they have had in a while?

So, because the FAs signed have question marks, he can leap right over the guys who were drafted last season, both of whom have starting experience?

And Meriweather/Sanders have been major contributors to a team that has gone 29-6 the last two seasons. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off just yet.

That said, I am intrigued by both Chung and Butler. Chung I am particularly high on.

BOR, do you even read the trash that you splash all over this board? :harumph:

Yeah I basically thought about everything you said when I read about it. Who are these teams that have all 25 year old pro bowl O lineman and 27 year old pro bowl corners who never lost any coordinators. I would like to see this team.

Major A$$hole*
07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
WTF BOR? First you post a Hector Longo article. Now a Comey? Whats next? Fidel? Kim Yong-il?

Box_O_Rocks
07-30-2009, 11:28 AM
BOR, do you even read the trash that you splash all over this board? :harumph:Read? There were words to go with the pretty picture? :huh: