PDA

View Full Version : Close score?

spiderman
12-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Maybe I'm being a little over optimistic, but then again I was called a fool for predicting that the Pats defense would shut down the Rams offense in the Superbowl...anyways...

In reality this game could have very easily been a blow-out, then what would everyone be saying. In the 1st half the Pats looked unstoppable. The Colts first points only came about as the result of a roughing the kicker penalty, and their second after Wilson dropped what was a sure INT. Then move to the 2nd half where Manning through that terrible INT. If Brady's pass isn't deflected for a INT then the Pats were likely to go up by 4 touchdowns. I felt that it was the Colts who caught a lot of breaks NOT the other way around.

If anyone is going to say that the Pats stole another one, I think they're crazy...If the Pats can continue to get healthy and play for 60 minutes like they did the 1st 30 of yesterdays, then there isn't anyone that can stop them.

runnerone
12-01-2003, 10:53 AM
It was nice to see Brady getting the reigns to the sled extended a bit. I think we are seeing what the future will bring for this club. Brady is still young and developing in terms of NFL QB's (5yrs to ripen), and I think most of the time, Charlie keeps it very close to the vest. Against the colts, the Pats knew they needed to score alot of points, and they chose the wide open game attack! I think it bit them in the second half and we saw why Charlie does play it close most of the time. This game left me very excited for the future of this team, I hope the corp of players and coaches can stay together for a long time!

bideau
12-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by runnerone
It was nice to see Brady getting the reigns to the sled extended a bit. I think we are seeing what the future will bring for this club. Brady is still young and developing in terms of NFL QB's (5yrs to ripen), and I think most of the time, Charlie keeps it very close to the vest. Against the colts, the Pats knew they needed to score alot of points, and they chose the wide open game attack! I think it bit them in the second half and we saw why Charlie does play it close most of the time. This game left me very excited for the future of this team, I hope the corp of players and coaches can stay together for a long time!

A young receiver corp of Branch, Givens and Johnson give Brady some up and coming weapons. Johnson gives him a pure speed deep threat, Branch has the Troy Brown qualities of hands and precide routes and Givens gives him size and hands in the red zone. If the Pats can keep Brady and these three together, they will do some special things in the near future.

The only thing left is to give Brady a game breaking running back.

12-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Alice?

Did you mean to post this in "Is it just me?" -- or is it just me? :D