PDA

View Full Version : Per ESPN: Dungy To Retire!!

Fully Tilted
01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Holy......****

This just came up as "Breaking News" on Sportscenter BTW

Said there will be a 5 o'clock press conference and that he's already been seen walking around 'saying good bye'.

EDIT: ESPN's source is Jay Glazer (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9067132/Sources:-Colts-coach-Dungy-is-stepping-down)

RoadGrader
01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
:eek: who teh Hell saw this coming??? :eek:

http://teacherseducation.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/shocked-1.jpghttp://www.richardsharp.co.uk/images/shocked-girl.jpg

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Press Conference at 5PM eastern, ascension at 6.

Major A$$hole*
01-12-2009, 11:20 AM
What? Just like that? Without even droping a hint that he might retire.
So what are the odds that he will cry at the presser?

ParanoidPatriot
01-12-2009, 11:20 AM
wiil we be able to see his live rapture right after his press conference?

3 Point Stan
01-12-2009, 11:23 AM
He's only retiring until 5 PM... Then he's coming back.

Fully Tilted
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
He's only retiring until 5 PM... Then he's coming back.

Maybe he's going to return in three days. His 'second coming' and all. :coffee:

imapig
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I saw this coming http://www.earthmountainview.com/yellowstone/yellowstone.htm

Major A$$hole*
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Maybe he's going to return in three days. His 'second coming' and all. :coffee:
And he said that DasHoe will deny him 3 times before the cock crowes at all.

Claremonster
01-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Like I said before, he'll be back by Easter...

PatrietteAz
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM

OK I about hurt myself laughing at this one Clare.:)

EasyBigFella*
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Obviously a dark day for the NFL...

Pyxis
01-12-2009, 11:42 AM
OK I about hurt myself laughing at this one Clare.:)

I now have coffee in my sinuses. Thanks, Clare!

cadmonkey
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Jesus, the way people on ESPN are talking, you would think that the NFL is going to crumble without Dungy being part of it. They all but just said that Dungy cures cancer and basically has sunday brunch with Jesus Christ each week.

Tom Jackson just uttered the words "We all know Tony Dungy has a higher calling. Coaching football isn't what Tony will be ultimatly know for. He has a higher calling and will be remembered for what he does next"

I'm telling you, HIV better watch out, here comes Tony Dungy to cure you!

Ras
01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Press Conference at 5PM eastern, ascension at 6.

Please, at least 3 hours to be somewhat consistent......

PatrietteAz
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Jesus, the way people on ESPN are talking, you would think that the NFL is going to crumble without Dungy being part of it. They all but just said that Dungy cures cancer and basically has sunday brunch with Jesus Christ each week.

Tom Jackson just uttered the words "We all know Tony Dungy has a higher calling. Coaching football isn't what Tony will be ultimatly know for. He has a higher calling and will be remembered for what he does next"

ROFLROFL I am not at all surprised. *gags* Wonder why they didn't wax so poetic about Holmgren? He isn't pretty enough?

Jaric
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM

In case anyone was curious, that "higher calling" would be prison ministry.

And I'll go ahead and get it out of the way now. Yes, it's possible he would still be working with Marvin Harrison.

:rimshot:

PatrietteAz
01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
In case anyone was curious, that "higher calling" would be prison ministry.

And I'll go ahead and get it out of the way now. Yes, it's possible he would still be working with Marvin Harrison.

:rimshot:

Jaric you have sucha great sense of humor.:)

But while it IS a wonderful thing to do I cannnot stand people who perform charitable work and scream about it all over the place. Not that Tony necessarily is responsible for the media taking off with it like they do but he DOES have some part in the agrandizement and that is what drives me bonkers.!

Ras
FWIW - Dungy is a good coach in terms of winning %, control and player relationships. However, his playoff % is not that good and he has far too many "one and dones" on his record.

Will he be a HOF'r, probably yes. Will he deserve it? That remains to be seen.

Claremonster
eeek

Annihilus
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
eeek

Hell. You're going to it.

Hopefully they have Photoshop down there.

mikiemo83
01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
let him go

Claremonster
Hell. You're going to it.

Hopefully they have Photoshop down there.

Me too. In between sessions of getting a red hot poker shoved up my butt by demon, I'll make cheesy crappy photoshops making fun of Satan...

BostonTim
wiil we be able to see his live rapture right after his press conference?
As with the HOF there is a standard five year waiting period before the church will initiate "the cause of Beatification", though it can and has been waived (as in the case of Mother Teresa). I don't think though, that there has ever been a waiver for one who's still alive. For that, I'm sure you
need know someone on the competition committee.

Cheers, BostonTim

RoadGrader
01-12-2009, 11:58 AM

I'm telling you, HIV better watch out, here comes Tony Dungy to cure you!I can hardly wait for Tony to be doing his prison ministry or whatnot and one day ESPN does a special onnit and here comes Tom Jackson to say: "Tony Dungy -- his flock hates him" ROFL

eeek
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=68312&stc=1&d=1231779137
:LOL: I am so never standing next to you in a thunderstorm, Chief Thunderthud :shake:

Major A$$hole*
01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
There will be many less dropped soap incidents at whatever prison Dungy spreads his message.

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I saw this coming http://www.earthmountainview.com/yellowstone/yellowstone.htm
WTF? I just wasted 20 minutes with that shit.

And on topic, gay kittens beware. Tony is going to have some more free time on his hands.

TipRoast
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM

I thought HIV was high-intensity video - you know, that new TV stuff that everyone is getting next month and that is going to break all existing TVs. And Tony is going to fix that mess? Wow. I didn't know Tony was an 'lectrical engineer.

The guy is just too talented for the NFL.

Annihilus
01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
As with the HOF there is a standard five year waiting period before the church will initiate "the cause of Beatification", though it can and has been waived (as in the case of Mother Teresa). I don't think though, that there has ever been a waiver for one who's still alive. For that, I'm sure you
need know someone on the competition committee.

Cheers, BostonTim

ROFLz - Dungy retiring is a gold-mine around here!

Let's pray to Tony that he changes his mind by 5:00 so we can all go through this again. LOLOLOL

Maybe Caldwell will hand Polian a note that says 'I resign as the HC of the INDC'

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I thought HIV was high-intensity video - you know, that new TV stuff that everyone is getting next month and that is going to break all existing TVs.

Yes, HIV is cool. If you want to be cool, you need to get HIV.

Jaric
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
ROFLz - Dungy retiring is a gold-mine around here!

Let's pray to Tony that he changes his mind by 5:00 so we can all go through this again. LOLOLOL

Maybe Caldwell will hand Polian a note that says 'I resign as the HC of the INDC'
I know we're rivals Anni, but it's not nice to tease me like this...

Major A$$hole*
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
With my historic 3000th post I just wanted to say that Tony Dungy is an impresive human being.
In the name of the father, the son and St. Dungy. Amen.
Glory, glory St. Dungy!
Glory, glory St. Dungy!

taltos
01-12-2009, 12:18 PM
ROFLROFL I am not at all surprised. *gags* Wonder why they didn't wax so poetic about Holmgren? He isn't pretty enough?He wasn't the first person of color to win a superbowl. Rumors are that Dungy is going to become the HC of the NY JETS so that he can resurrect them.:banghead:

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
He wasn't the first person of color to win a superbowl. Rumors are that Dungy is going to become the HC of the NY JETS so that he can resurrect them.:banghead:

There are some sinners that just can't be saved...

JD10367
01-12-2009, 12:21 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/2206110195_3fcdda70a1.jpg?v=1214076331
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Sunset-Shot-R.jpg

mooseontheloose
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM

lol, wtf is with the ballwashing and bulging hard-ons for this guy in the media? I'll admit he's a good coach in some ways (I don't think he's amazing, but he's good) - but it goes beyond that with these clowns. It's funny because an outsider (to the NFL) reading the conversations here would assume we're all just mocking him and being idiots with all the St. Dungy stuff ... what's pathetic is that we aren't even being that far-fetched when you account for comments in the media (ie. the always impressive Tom Jackson).

Give me a ****ing break. The guy was a good NFL head coach and that's it. He's done NOTHING special outside of football and probably never will. If he does, why the hell should we even care?

Bye Dungy, I'm sure you'll bring tears to many eyes (especially your own) as NFL analysts around the country attempt to deal with the potential loss of Dungy and Favre in the same off-season.

fulltilt
01-12-2009, 12:26 PM

just give me one second to clear the area before the lightning bolts hit...

Number Cruncher
01-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Folks, be careful what you wish for.....

Maybe Indy DOMINATES on their way to a Championship next year.... you know, like the University of Tennessee did once Peyton left....

Bad times ahead... :banghead:

JD10367
01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Tony Dungy is the Brett Favre of coaches. :coffee:

Claremonster
01-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Tony Dungy is the Brett Favre of coaches. :coffee:

Yeah, but the Hail Mary's are different. :coffee:

MattsPats
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
My television is now all sticky and gross from the Dungy spooge fest on ESPN. My God (oh, sorry Tony, "Lord"), I keep switching channels and coming back to ESPN and they are STILL hammering away at it. Yes, I know some of you will say I shouldn't watch ESPN, but are they going to cease all normal programming and bring the camera up to the mountain top where St. Dungy shall arise to Heaven?

O_P_T
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Well at the risk of mixing some metaphors, I thinks Jackson is saying Dungy is going to take a position with the Pats and make them "classy".

MattsPats
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
ESPN showed some lame Dungy clip after the SB when he said something like "Lovie and I weren't just the first two African American coaces to be in a SB, but we are Christian men and did it the Lord's way?" WTF -- I can't stand when athletes invoke God as the reason for their success (as if God has a favorite team?), but this takes the cake. WTF this is football, not Sunday Mass. You aren't heading a new Crusade, Tony. Jeeebus.

BradyLady12
01-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Welcome back to Tampa, Tony.

easycome_easygo
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM

:harumph:Only God can judge me.

;)

imapig
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
WTF? I just wasted 20 minutes with that shit.

And on topic, gay kittens beware. Tony is going to have some more free time on his hands.What you didn't get it? ROFL

Benign Despot
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
And so St Dungy left the NFL to devote his time to the betterment of man in his image.

But soon he realized that no one cared what an ex-coach thought about god and abortions and stuff.

And verily 2 seasons past, and on the 3rd season St. Dungy rose again, to once again stand on his soap box and discourse on the issues of the day as the coach of the Jacksonville Jag-u-ars.

Colts fans did not rejoice.

imapig
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
:sulk:

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
And so St Dungy left the NFL to devote his time to the betterment of man in his image.

But soon he realized that no one cared what an ex-coach thought about god and abortions and stuff.

And verily 2 seasons past, and on the 3rd season St. Dungy rose again, to once again stand on his soap box and discourse on the issues of the day as the coach of the Jacksonville Jag-u-ars.

And so it was written..

Jaric
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
St. Dungy rose again, to once again stand on his soap box and discourse on the issues of the day as the coach of the Jacksonville Jag-u-ars.Who?

taltos
01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
He's not becoming Obama's Secretary of Salvation?:confused:

shirtsleeve
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I eagerly await the rapture!o:-)

Like I said, I never really disliked the guy. Not like the other two.
He was a decent coach, developed and implemented the Tampa 2 D, and to disagree with others here a bit,for the most part, he deflected attention from himself to his team. Good luck in your ministry St. Dungy. I await my Easter eggs.:D

Steve-o
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
:toast:

Take Caldwell with you!

JD10367
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Good luck in your ministry St. Dungy. I await my Easter eggs.:D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Adventure_Easteregg.PNG

OSUBuckeye
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm waiting for the HOF talk to start. Btw, I don't see it for him.

shirtsleeve
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm waiting for the HOF talk to start. Btw, I don't see it for him.

It already has. "hes a lock" gurgle glub " a 'shoe' in! ha ha" slurp glub gobble.

CleatMarks
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Did anyone catch that replay of the "Not only first black Super Bowl coaches but Christian coaches too" thing? Does he think he's the first Christian coach or something? That's the kind of Dungy crap that turns my stomach.

BradyLady12
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM

And verily 2 seasons past, and on the 3rd season St. Dungy rose again, to once again stand on his soap box and discourse on the issues of the day as the coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

He's loved here.

O.Z.O.
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Did anyone catch that replay of the "Not only first black Super Bowl coaches but Christian coaches too" thing? Does he think he's the first Christian coach or something? That's the kind of Dungy crap that turns my stomach.

Hi, Tony, we haven't met...

my name is Joe Gibbs. Not only was I a Christian coach, but I was a damn site better then you. I won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

Steve-o
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I like Dungy, but he should have retired after the Super Bowl, instead of having this dramatic scenario each of the last three years.

And then, Caldwell would be fired a couple of weeks ago instead of two years from now, and we could move on.

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Live stream, if you care: http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/LOCAL/80624034

Beware, though, Irsay is talking about God and near crying. :Lecture:

JD10367
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Has there been a black Pope yet? That guy in the Vatican better watch his ass...

CleatMarks
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Live stream, if you care: http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/LOCAL/80624034

Beware, though, Irsay is talking about God and near crying. :Lecture:

Who's crying, God? ROFL

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Who's crying, God? ROFL

First it was Jim Irsay, but now Polian getting all choked up. :zombie:

PatsFan09
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
First it was Jim Irsay, but now Polian getting all choked up. :zombie:

Who's standing behind him, pinching him with the pliers?

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Who's standing behind him, pinching him with the pliers?

Satan, of course. That's who is in Polian's back pocket. :shrug:

RavenZ
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
eeek

Jesus Christ :spock:

ROFL

Stiney262
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
wish you well

king of kings
01-12-2009, 07:32 PM

ROFL :LOL: I spit out my coffee when I show that.

TommyD420
01-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Only if he brings Tebow with him.

dred
01-12-2009, 08:06 PM
So much hate in this thread.

Fully Tilted
01-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Not at you brutha. We just never get tired of Dungy jokes. They're like "Yo mama" jokes. :shrug:

Sorry if you're bummed man.

PatsFan09
01-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Dungy's Holier-Than-Thou attitude and portrayal by the media brought this thread about.

Whaler53
01-12-2009, 08:32 PM
See ya, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.....B*tch!

Never liked the guy.

Major A$$hole*
01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Man. BB is so classless. Clearly the man is the devil incarnate.

"People often say that teams reflect their head coach, and that can be said of Tony Dungy's teams, which are consistent winners every single year," New England Patriots (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/patriots) coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. "Tony has been such a fixture in this league that his absence will take some getting used to. He may be leaving the sideline, but Tony will be remembered fondly for a long time."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/damon_hack/01/12/dungy.reflection/?eref=sircrc

Fully Tilted
01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Man. BB is so classless. Clearly the man is the devil incarnate.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/damon_hack/01/12/dungy.reflection/?eref=sircrc

Such an asshole. He said, and I quote, "I'm going to eventually get used to Dungy not being in the league".

Eventually. Eventually? Eventually!!!!!

He's putting nails in his cof-....er, um, crucifix already!

tommysgirl
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
This thread is full of win.

easycome_easygo
01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
This thread is full of win.

Okay, I think it is time for you to find a new avatar. ROFL

tommysgirl
01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay, I think it is time for you to find a new avatar. ROFL
I've grown fond of it.:harumph:

Muse
01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
We haven't :p

easycome_easygo
01-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Yes, I can see that. :shrug:

;)

tommysgirl
01-12-2009, 09:23 PM
We haven't :p
She's pretty.:sulk:

Muse
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
She's pretty.:sulk:
Well I can not see her face, just her ass :)

mikiemo83
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
OK so what position on Obama's staff does Dungy fill, I swear he is joining something in the family structure area

tehmackdaddy
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
OK so what position on Obama's staff does Dungy fill, I swear he is joining something in the family structure area

He is on a committee appointed by Dubbya (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=a85f53e5-cea3-4e31-ac94-7dfcac5f496e) through August 2009.

Claremonster
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I've grown

I can see that. :coffee:

Jaric
01-12-2009, 11:56 PM
To be serious for a second, It was damn decent of BB to say what he said.

TommyD420
01-12-2009, 11:59 PM

Especially when you consider the "Dark Day" bullshit.

I would say Belichick came out the "classy" one in that exchange.

Jaric
01-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Especially when you consider the "Dark Day" bullshit.

I would say Belichick came out the "classy" one in that exchange.
Please, I'm trying to say something nice about your coach. No more, no less. Lets not go over that shit again.

Wandering Athol
01-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I missed the press conference. I have an antenna on my TV and I don't get immaculate reception.

Brady's Bunch
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
espn is unbearable this morning

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 09:17 AM

Shouldn't you be at school or work or studying? Do something productive! :cuss:

Dwight Schrute
01-13-2009, 09:19 AM

BOO-YAH!

:***:

Benign Despot
01-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Tony Dungy may be the nicest guy on the planet. I've never met him, but I suppose it's possible.

Personally, I don't like folks who throw their religion in my face and I'm not fond of folks who seem to harbor negative feelings about people because of their sexual orientation.

Furthermore, Dungy is a coach who year after year had a very talented roster and won a grand total of one (1) Super Bowl.

He's a good coach, not a great one.

Now based on what I've been hearing in the media I'm a horrible person because I don't praise this guy up and down.

He was a football coach in the NFL, that requires a narcissistic, Obsessive compulsive detail control freak. All NFL coaches are this way. It's in the job description.

But somehow we are supposed to believe, because Tony goes to church every Sunday that he's different.

I'm sorry, maybe it makes me a bad guy but I don't buy it.

EasyBigFella*
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Dungy was very, very lucky to have won that Super Bowl. If not for that horrible second half in Indy that night, the Pats would have broken their hearts again and Dungy (and Manning) would be looked on as losers.

I think its pretty safe to say that Belichick cost the Colts 2 Super Bowl titles by knocking them off in the playoffs. The 2004-05 Colts team easily would have smoked Philly and the 2003-04 team probably would have beaten Carolina pretty easily.

Bottom line: HAHA

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
BOO-YAH!

:***:

And shouldn't you be installing Verizon Fios equipment? :cuss:

Dwight Schrute
01-13-2009, 09:55 AM
And shouldn't you be installing Verizon Fios equipment? :cuss:

:Fart:

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Tony Dungy may be the nicest guy on the planet. I've never met him, but I suppose it's possible.

Personally, I don't like folks who throw their religion in my face and I'm not fond of folks who seem to harbor negative feelings about people because of their sexual orientation.

Furthermore, Dungy is a coach who year after year had a very talented roster and won a grand total of one (1) Super Bowl.

He's a good coach, not a great one.

Now based on what I've been hearing in the media I'm a horrible person because I don't praise this guy up and down.

He was a football coach in the NFL, that requires a narcissistic, Obsessive compulsive detail control freak. All NFL coaches are this way. It's in the job description.

But somehow we are supposed to believe, because Tony goes to church every Sunday that he's different.

I'm sorry, maybe it makes me a bad guy but I don't buy it.

I think you can look at the turnout for his son's funeral, the emotion displayed at his PC yesterday, how his former players speak of him, and how opposing players (such as Richard Seymour) speak to him and about him, and realize that the prevailing wisdom of Tony Dungy amongst the Pats fans on this forum is not how he is viewed by those who are actually in the NFL and know him personally.

That should tell all of you something.

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 10:31 AM

Um ESPN is unbearable for the lsat several years my dear.:)

ParanoidPatriot
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I think you can look at the turnout for his son's funeral, the emotion displayed at his PC yesterday, how his former players speak of him, and how opposing players (such as Richard Seymour) speak to him and about him, and realize that the prevailing wisdom of Tony Dungy amongst the Pats fans on this forum is not how he is viewed by those who are actually in the NFL and know him personally.

Mass hysteria fed by propaganda. "our beloved leader" syndrome, even some from the outside get caught up in it.
ROFL

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM

That's all fine and dandy from a personal perspective..I have no issues with them respecting that. This kowtowing to him as a coach is what irks me as it is just not THAT deserved. He is NOT in the league of Belichick or some of the other greats.

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 10:35 AM

you know I want to agree with you but for some reason hearing Polian and Dungy keep saying "we did it right" and stuff similar to that I just keep thinking about how they are taking a jab on the way out at teh Patriots....really I tried to like the guy, and I hope you understand how I mean to say this but things in his life, along the words he says, do not always add up

EBOLI
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Not a big fan of Dungy and I'm glad he's gone.

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 10:57 AM
you know I want to agree with you but for some reason hearing Polian and Dungy keep saying "we did it right" and stuff similar to that I just keep thinking about how they are taking a jab on the way out at teh Patriots...

No offense intended, mikie, but doesn't that seem a bit egocentric? "Doing it the right way" has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots, nothing to do with Spygate. It was originally mentioned in the very first telephone conversation between Jim Irsay and Tony Dungy following Dungy's firing from Tampa Bay in 2002 (many moons before Spygate). "Doing it the right way" was about not just Tony's leadership style (both Irsay and Dungy are born again Christians), but Irsay's desire to turn Indianapolis from a basketball town into a football town. That meant many things, including winning consistently (something we hadn't done under Jim's ownership until Dungy arrived), and the entire team interacting with the Indianapolis community and the entire state for that matter.

It has nothing to do with the Patriots. It was merely a mantra of the leadership in the Colts organization that was set forth by the big kahuna. This is true in any business: the owner creates a mission statement, and the employees act on that principle.

Fully Tilted
01-13-2009, 10:59 AM

:thumb:

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 10:59 AM
:thumb:

I thought so as well.

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 11:16 AM
No offense intended, mikie, but doesn't that seem a bit egocentric? yeah it does, no offense taken but with all the input Tony offered up at times about things he should have no commented I tend to look for double meanings to his words.

to be honest most holy rollers I encounter are the biggest Hippocrates you will ever meet, they are the ones who do for others as long as someone is there to later comment on them...not saying this is Dungy and as I said I tried to like him for reasons you pointed to earlier, I really did but at times find it difficult

"Doing it the right way" has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots, nothing to do with Spygate. It was originally mentioned in the very first telephone conversation between Jim Irsay and Tony Dungy following Dungy's firing from Tampa Bay in 2002 (many moons before Spygate). "Doing it the right way" was about not just Tony's leadership style (both Irsay and Dungy are born again Christians), but Irsay's desire to turn Indianapolis from a basketball town into a football town. That meant many things, including winning consistently (something we hadn't done under Jim's ownership until Dungy arrived), and the entire team interacting with the Indianapolis community and the entire state for that matter.

It has nothing to do with the Patriots. It was merely a mantra of the leadership in the Colts organization that was set forth by the big kahuna. This is true in any business: the owner creates a mission statement, and the employees act on that principle.I watched Irsay, Polian and 10-15 minutes of Dungy before the kids needed me for something and I never went back to it, I understand what it means and all but you have to admit it is viewed by outsiders, not only Patriots fan, as a claim they do things differently.

BostonTim
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Bump

JD10367
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM

"We got bingo!" --- Troy Brown

You know, I really hope there IS an Afterlife. And I hope a lot of people get their comeuppance. Because many deserve to burn in Eternal Hell. And others just need a Cosmic Bitchslap.

I'm hoping the convo goes something like this, when Dungy gets to the Pearly Gates:

:::big booming voice:::

"Greetings, my child. I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is, you were correct in believing in me. And I am proud in the virtuous way you have lived your good life and tried to help your fellow man. Now, for the bad news: way too many of you down there have, to quote another favorite child of mine, 'mis-interpreted the rules', so to speak. I'm not overly fond of those who trumpet my name in the act of hating their fellow man and abusing, oppressing, or killing him. That wasn't quite what I had in mind from the get-go. Neither did my Son, who I sent to you to try to correct some of your bad habits down there. He did some good, but unfortunately the mob mentality didn't let Him last long. Some of His teachings have prospered but, again, a lot of it has been perverted. And, in addition to not enjoying my name being used to kill and oppress others who believe differently, I'm not very happy with some of the views down there on personal sexuality. If you people aren't harming anyone else, I don't really care where you stick what and with whom. Whatever makes you all happy, in the fleeting speck of time you have down there. Oh, by the way, did you know my Son is gay? And He's got a few choice words for you when He meets you. Don't worry, you're not going to Hell; I have a space for you upstairs. But we're gonna dabble your toes in the lava pool for a bit, metaphorically speaking, just to let you know you had a few things wrong." :coffee:

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
"We got bingo!" --- Troy Brown

You know, I really hope there IS an Afterlife. And I hope a lot of people get their comeuppance. Because many deserve to burn in Eternal Hell. And others just need a Cosmic Bitchslap.

I'm hoping the convo goes something like this, when Dungy gets to the Pearly Gates:

:::big booming voice:::

"Greetings, my child. I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is, you were correct in believing in me. And I am proud in the virtuous way you have lived your good life and tried to help your fellow man. Now, for the bad news: way too many of you down there have, to quote another favorite child of mine, 'mis-interpreted the rules', so to speak. I'm not overly fond of those who trumpet my name in the act of hating their fellow man and abusing, oppressing, or killing him. That wasn't quite what I had in mind from the get-go. Neither did my Son, who I sent to you to try to correct some of your bad habits down there. He did some good, but unfortunately the mob mentality didn't let Him last long. Some of His teachings have prospered but, again, a lot of it has been perverted. And, in addition to not enjoying my name being used to kill and oppress others who believe differently, I'm not very happy with some of the views down there on personal sexuality. If you people aren't harming anyone else, I don't really care where you stick what and with whom. Whatever makes you all happy, in the fleeting speck of time you have down there. Oh, by the way, did you know my Son is gay? And He's got a few choice words for you when He meets you. Don't worry, you're not going to Hell; I have a space for you upstairs. But we're gonna dabble your toes in the lava pool for a bit, metaphorically speaking, just to let you know you had a few things wrong." :coffee:

OUT freaking standing. That could apply to ALOT of people I know! :)

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow, so much vitriol for a man simply because of his faith. When exactly did Dungy abuse, oppress, or kill anyone?

Except for teh gay puppies and baby seals, of course.

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow, so much vitriol for a man simply because of his faith. When exactly did Dungy abuse, oppress, or kill anyone?

No. Not because of his faith. Because he "screams" it and preaches at every chance he has and because he is self righteous about it. Maybe that is what his faith tells him to do but just like when Tebow does it..some of us find it cheapens faith which is supposed to be a private matter.

PatsFan09
01-13-2009, 12:19 PM

For me, it's more along the lines of the fact that Dungy is so praised for his faith when there's been PLENTY of other coaches who have been as deeply religious.

The sports media, which is mainly liberal, kiss his ass because he's black, not because he's Christian. The liberal media, which is actually extremely hypocritical here because it often MOCKS conservatism but loves to kiss Dungy's conservative ass.

JD10367
01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow, so much vitriol for a man simply because of his faith.

Faith (n.)

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See synonyms at belief, trust.

3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

4, often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.

6. A set of principles or beliefs.

Just because you have faith, doesn't mean you're right. I'm sure Hitler had faith, too. Just sayin'.

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 12:23 PM
No. Not because of his faith. Because he "screams" it and preaches at every chance he has and because he is self righteous about it. Maybe that is what his faith tells him to do but just like when Tebow does it..some of us find it cheapens faith which is supposed to be a private matter.

Amazing, I've never heard a Dungy preach a single sermon. I've heard him give thanks to God, but I'm not exactly sure when giving thanks to God turned into "preaching" in this country. :shrug:

Faith is a private matter for some, sure, but Christianity also teaches that Christians should make every effort possible to show others "the light" so that they may also be saved. His intentions are nothing but noble when you think about it in the proper context. Whether you agree with it is irrelevant.

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Amazing, I've never heard a Dungy preach a single sermon. I've heard him give thanks to God, but I'm not exactly sure when giving thanks to God turned into "preaching" in this country. :shrug:

Faith is a private matter for some, sure, but Christianity also teaches that Christians should make every effort possible to show others "the light" so that they may also be saved. His intentions are nothing but noble when you think about it in the proper context. Whether you agree with it is irrelevant.

That is your view of it. He come across as I described to ME and YES proper context ..it is NOT the proper context to talk about it IMO.:shrug:

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Just because you have faith, doesn't mean you're right. I'm sure Hitler had faith, too. Just sayin'.

Did I say he was right? When did this become a theological discussion of what religion, if any, is "right?"

BostonTim
01-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh, by the way, did you know my Son is gay? http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq167/harrigan22/gj2.jpg

Cheers, BostonTim

easycome_easygo
01-13-2009, 12:28 PM

I don't understand it either. :shrug: ROFL

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 12:29 PM
That is your view of it. He come across as I described to ME and YES proper context ..it is NOT the proper context to talk about it IMO.:shrug:

No, neither of our views is the proper context. The proper context is putting yourself in Dungy's shoes. He feels that God has blessed him and calls him to use his blessings to spread the Word of God. He wants to save people from, what he believes, is eternal damnation. Whether that is actually true or not doesn't matter, but his intentions are entirely noble.

johnlocke
01-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I don't understand it either. :shrug: ROFL

You're one tough cookie. :)

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 12:33 PM
No, neither of our views is the proper context. The proper context is putting yourself in Dungy's shoes. He feels that God has blessed him and calls him to use his blessings to spread the Word of God. He wants to save people from, what he believes, is eternal damnation. Whether that is actually true or not doesn't matter, but his intentions are entirely noble.

Well Noble intentions don't mean I don't find it inappropriate to preach your faith at sporting events. I do. It's not going to make me angry or mad but the manner that some folks choose to do it cheapens it to me. Deep faith is so admirable but he goes beyond the simple statement of thanks to his God and takes it too far. I love how Kurt Warner seems to handle it at least lately. He mentions it and moves on and doesn't give off a holier than though vibe like TONY DOES TO ME.

OK done. :) I get what you are trying to say but we won't see eye to eye. It's just opinion. :)

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
so maybe he is making the correct choice leaving coaching to follow his higher calling, I wish him luck in doing so and honestly hope he does make a difference in the lives of the young "who did not have a father to look up to and learn the correct way to do things" as he claimed in his heart felt speech.

to be honest, we form our own personal opinions much like on other topics and while I respect your decision, one more than likely formed from a deeper rooting interest than mine thus you are more read up on Dungy than I, I personally disagree with it from my outside looking in limited grasp of it.

Again I wish him well in his next choice of employment, if he can make a difference in the lives of these Kids I will applaud him and say Job well done

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm just gonna go on record here and now as saying that I very seriously doubt:

1. The christian God endorses, or doesn't care, about homosexuality, and...
2. That Jesus himself was gay

Christianity has long viewed homosexuality as a sin, and an abomination. They base this on ancient text that claim that God spoke those very words. Now, that being said, I also doubt God said to run around and kill/judge/harrass/disparage homosexuals. If He has, I've never seen it anywhere.

Christianity, as a religion, has it's views on homosexuality. Christians, actual believers and not those who just give it lip service (I kill me), are never going to find homosexuality an acceptable social norm, and will certainly not accept "Gay Marriage" as long as it tries to call itself "marriage", a christian construct that society has adopted.

Now, many people view christians as "intolerant", "bigotted", "hateful" etc... but I gotta say, Christians also face intolerance, bigotry, and hate, as well.

So maybe both sides, Christians, and non-christians, should just STFD and STFU, and not try to force each other's beliefs down each other's throats.

I'm just sayin.

easycome_easygo
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
So maybe both sides, Christians, and non-christians, should just STFD and STFU, and not try to force each other's beliefs down each other's throats.

I'm just sayin.

wuv

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 12:52 PM

Christianity has long viewed homosexuality as a sin, and an abomination. They base this on ancient text that claim that God spoke those very words. Now, that being said, I also doubt God said to run around and kill/judge/harrass/disparage homosexuals. If He has, I've never seen it anywhere.

Christianity, as a religion, has it's views on homosexuality. Christians, actual believers and not those who just give it lip service (I kill me), are never going to find homosexuality an acceptable social norm, and will certainly not accept "Gay Marriage" as long as it tries to call itself "marriage", a christian construct that society has adopted.

Now, many people view christians as "intolerant", "bigotted", "hateful" etc... but I gotta say, Christians also face intolerance, bigotry, and hate, as well.

I'm just sayin.

I am not sure if yo uwere addressing me at all in this post clare and I TOTALLY agree. I have never once tried to shove any of my beliefs(which are not of any one religion anyhow) down anyones throat and if I did so without knowing..I apologize. I am simply stating one thing. Sporting venues are no place for any kind of preaching to many of us.

johnlocke
01-13-2009, 12:55 PM

I'm just sayin.

Well said cm. :toast:

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 12:57 PM
I am not sure if yo uwere addressing me at all in this post clare and I TOTALLY agree. I have never once tried to shove any of my beliefs(which are not of any one religion anyhow) down anyones throat and if I did so without knowing..I apologize. I am simply stating one thing. Sporting venues are no place for any kind of preaching to many of us.

I wasn't really addressng anybody. Just kind of random thoughts I had, while reading the tailend of this thread.

My own view, I'll make fun of Tony Dungy all day long and twice on sunday, just because he was the coach of the Colt, a bitter rival, and also because I found his Super Bowl comment to be in poor taste. But that's my personal opinion on it, and such.

That said, my family was very catholic, but I myself escaped that heathen idol-worshipping cult at a young age and found myself a protestant (Baptist, to be precise) and I was raised that way... Yes, I am christian, but not a very goood one ROFL.

But yeah, the main board is certainly not a place to debate whether christians are right or wrong, or whether athiests are right or wrong, or whether Buddists are freakin weirdos or any of that. ;)

If it's good natured fun, great, but it will inevitably turn into a heated debate, that no one wins, and just causes hard feelings among everyone.

So, yea verily though I poop rainbows, I iz teh hace spakeded.

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
so maybe he is making the correct choice leaving coaching to follow his higher calling, I wish him luck in doing so and honestly hope he does make a difference in the lives of the young "who did not have a father to look up to and learn the correct way to do things" as he claimed in his heart felt speech.

to be honest, we form our own personal opinions much like on other topics and while I respect your decision, one more than likely formed from a deeper rooting interest than mine thus you are more read up on Dungy than I, I personally disagree with it from my outside looking in limited grasp of it.

Again I wish him well in his next choice of employment, if he can make a difference in the lives of these Kids I will applaud him and say Job well done

I absolutely believe he will volunteer to help people...young men without father figures and prison ministries have been mentioned by him numerous times. He already does these things, but wants more time so that he can serve his fellow man in a greater capacity. He is leaving a profession he loves, people that he loves, a fantastic salary, and fame in order to spend his time helping others.

That certainly doesn't sound like the plans of a self-righteous, self-serving individual to me.

I'll reiterate that I haven't seen a person yet that has had a significant amount of interaction with Tony Dungy come away with anything negative to say. These are the people that actually know him, work with him, play for him, and compete against him. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what other convincing some of you need.

Maybe he talks about his God too much. Maybe you (not you specifically) misinterpreted his post Super Bowl winning comments not knowing that was the mission statement his owner coined. Those things certainly shouldn't discredit the entire body of work the man has created. :peace:

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I wasn't really addressng anybody. Just kind of random thoughts I had, while reading the tailend of this thread.

My own view, I'll make fun of Tony Dungy all day long and twice on sunday, just because he was the coach of the Colt, a bitter rival, and also because I found his Super Bowl comment to be in poor taste. But that's my personal opinion on it, and such.

That said, my family was very catholic, but I myself escaped that heathen idol-worshipping cult at a young age and found myself a protestant (Baptist, to be precise) and I was raised that way... Yes, I am christian, but not a very goood one ROFL.

But yeah, the main board is certainly not a place to debate whether christians are right or wrong, or whether athiests are right or wrong, or whether Buddists are freakin weirdos or any of that. ;)

If it's good natured fun, great, but it will inevitably turn into a heated debate, that no one wins, and just causes hard feelings among everyone.

So, yea verily though I poop rainbows, I iz teh hace spakeded.
ROFLROFL

JD10367
01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
That said, my family was very catholic, but I myself escaped that heathen idol-worshipping cult at a young age . . .

Yeah, but we build really pretty churches, and burning incense smells really good. :)

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but we build really pretty churches, and burning incense smells really good. :)

Catholics burn incense? Cool.:)

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I absolutely believe he will volunteer to help people...young men without father figures and prison ministries have been mentioned by him numerous times. He already does these things, but wants more time so that he can serve his fellow man in a greater capacity. He is leaving a profession he loves, people that he loves, a fantastic salary, and fame in order to spend his time helping others.

That certainly doesn't sound like the plans of a self-righteous, self-serving individual to me.

I'll reiterate that I haven't seen a person yet that has had a significant amount of interaction with Tony Dungy come away with anything negative to say. These are the people that actually know him, work with him, play for him, and compete against him. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what other convincing some of you need.

Other than the Super Bowl comment (which I will, if need be, give him the benefit of the doubt that is just came out wrong) and his "Dark Days" bullshit, I don't really have a problem with Tony Dungy, except, you know...

JD10367
01-13-2009, 01:07 PM

I don't think anyone has a problem with that Tony Dungy. But some people don't like the coaching version who whined about rules, took jabs at Belichick when Spygate came out, and mentions his religion in a sports forum. I equate it with the players who "thank God" in their postgame speeches; as was said earlier, I don't think God gives a sh*t if you run a punt back for a winning touchdown. Pretty sure He's not a fantasy football player.

Let's face it. Because he coaches the Colts, we don't like him. Much like Peyton, if Dungy coached the Patriots we'd probably be on opposite ends of this conversation. As I lived in Tampa in '95 and '96, I actually like Dungy for the most part. And he's been through some bad sh*t. And I'm sure he'll do good things post-football. But the gesticulating and ass-kissing from the media is definitely growing tiresome, as some of us think he's an overrated coach and we still harbor ill will towards that same media for bashing Belichick.

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah, but we build really pretty churches, and burning heretic smells really good. :)

:p

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Catholics burn incense? Cool.:)incense, wine and candles baby

Every week I turn down teh free wine at mass....it is before noon, that ain't the christian way to be drinking that early

TommyD420
01-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Let's face it. Because he coaches the Colts, we don't like him. Much like Peyton, if Dungy coached the Patriots we'd probably be on opposite ends of this conversation.

That's true.
Dungy would never have lasted 7 years in Foxboro.

JD10367
:p

I can't see vids in work, so I hope this is the right one. :D

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKxnaMeOK20&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKxnaMeOK20&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

tehmackdaddy
Catholics burn incense? Cool.:)

And they like to get on their knees a lot.

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 01:11 PM
no it a huge sacrifice to make for his fellow man and he deserves credit if that is what he is planning to follow

TommyD420

The girls learn that in Catholic School.

Claremonster

So, the altar boy replied, "5 bucks and a Snickers!"

JD10367

Ahhh, nothing like a good Catholic girl.

And who doesn't LOVE the schoolgirl uniform? :bhump:

PatrietteAz
01-13-2009, 01:12 PM
incense, wine and candles baby

Every week I turn down teh free wine at mass....it is before noon, that ain't the christian way to be drinking that early

I go to the church across the street from me from time to time and they are Catholic and never have burned incense..but man oh man the priests are great and the choir too.:)

They don't do all the kneeling of other Catholic churches either..maybe they are sort of rogues and that is why I like it there? LOL Alot of the Patrons are like 90 too.:)Maybe incense makes them cough.

EasyBigFella*
01-13-2009, 01:13 PM

I'm just sayin.

Christians also believe in loving your fellow neighbor unconditionally, too. Just one of the many contradictions that Catholic church bestows upon us. I know my share of "militant" Christians who think if you are Jewish, Muslim, etc, you are going to hell. I am a Catholic, but and also liberal and a freemason, so I dont jive with a lot of their preachings.

easycome_easygo
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I can't see vids in work, so I hope this is the right one. :D

JD, you just posted porn! :p

tehmackdaddy
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Christians also believe in loving your fellow neighbor unconditionally, too. Just one of the many contradictions that Catholic church bestows upon us. I know my share of "militant" Christians who think if you are Jewish, Muslim, etc, you are going to hell. I am a Catholic, but and also liberal and a freemason, so I dont jive with a lot of their preachings.

I absolutely agree that the message has been perverted by some in order to look down upon or hate others, which is a tragedy. However, disagreeing with someone's actions and hating them aren't the same thing.

mikiemo83
So, the altar boy replied, "5 bucks and a Snickers!"
hey why were the two alter boys in the snow bank?

Father like a couple of cold ones after mass

open teh gates I'm going to hell

johnlocke
I'm one of the those rare A word people that you were told about that don't believe in any god. I don't mind how Dungy carries himself. As long as he's not hurting people or violating their rights, I'll just let him be him. :)

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM

I know a few militant christians, too, and I know some of them feel they are being pushed and pushed and pushed, so... I think it goes both ways. We go too far to the right, there's a backlash, we go too far to the left, there's a backlash. And those of us in the middle either end up being squeezed, or feel forced to join one side or the other.

It ain't healthy.

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I absolutely agree that the message has been perverted by some in order to look down upon or hate others, which is a tragedy. However, disagreeing with someone's actions and hating them aren't the same thing.I guess I do not hate him but he ain't coming over for Easter Dinner when he rises back up

Claremonster
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I absolutely agree that the message has been perverted by some in order to look down upon or hate others, which is a tragedy. However, disagreeing with someone's actions and hating them aren't the same thing.

Agreed. 100% agree.

EasyBigFella*
01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
The "End Abortion" Bake sale at my church pretty much lost me for good

JD10367
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I am a Catholic, but and also liberal and a freemason, so I dont jive with a lot of their preachings.

Wow. Boy, you must be conflicted. Seeing that your guys supposedly took the Arc of the Covenant and/or Holy Grail, and depending upon who you read they either still have it, or they "sold" it to the church for a boat load of cash. :D

JD10367
01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
The "End Abortion" Bake sale at my church pretty much lost me for good

"Did you ever notice that most of the women who are against abortion, you wouldn't want to #^&# in the first place?" --- George Carlin

mikiemo83
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
"Did you ever notice that most of the women who are against abortion, you wouldn't want to #^&# in the first place?" --- George Carlin
George Carlin must not have been a heavy drinker

EasyBigFella*
01-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow. Boy, you must be conflicted. Seeing that your guys supposedly took the Arc of the Covenant and/or Holy Grail, and depending upon who you read they either still have it, or they "sold" it to the church for a boat load of cash. :D

Conflicted? Not really. If the Church wants their Arc and Grail back, they know how to get ahold of us. :)

Spinal Tap
01-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Do you think that Barack will name him to a cabinet position? I'll bet that's why he retired.

EasyBigFella*

"What's the difference between a lightbulb and a pregnant girl?"

"You can unscrew a lightbulb".

EasyBigFella*
Do you think that Barack will name him to a cabinet position? I'll bet that's why he retired.

I assumed he was simply going to take a job at the Vatican.

TommyD420
01-13-2009, 02:11 PM

He was going to create a new cabinet position from what I heard. Dungy was nominated as "Secretary of Hypocrisy and Moral Indignation". John Edwards is supposedly PISSED he got passed over.

Wandering Athol
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
And I'll say again:

Dungy was 5-5 against the BB-led Pats, including his time at Tampa. In fact, he was 4-1 in their last 5 meetings, so you could infer that he was gaining on the Hooded One with time.

I'm glad he's gone because I thought he was a pretty darn good coach. His failures in the playoffs were as much a result of Manning choking and Polian not building a team built for January (too small, not enough depth) as anything else.

EasyBigFella*
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
George Carlin must not have been a heavy drinker

"Legally drunk??!! If it's legal, what's the f**ing problem?" - George Carlin

OSUBuckeye
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
All I know is that his wife is nice looking.:shrug:

Benign Despot
01-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Jeezus, I'm like the Vice President and Treasurer of the "We Hate Tony Dungy Club" and even I'm starting to get board with this thread.

TommyD420
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Jeezus, I'm like the Vice President and Treasurer of the "We Hate Tony Dungy Club" and even I'm starting to get board with this thread.

Probably because all the jokes have been made; and getting nasty/telling the truth is the only thing we have left.

-JJ-
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM

Here's my view T. yeah he's likable and I don't hate him. and you're right..a lot of Patriot players have tremendous respect for him. saw a videobyte with Moss drooling over him:)

My issue are those two times he talked. You say he meant it a different way. Fine, but thats not how people read media bytes and he should no better.

No other coach came out on the day the fine was handed to BB but oh no Tony had to add his 2 cents in a dark day for the NFL.

And the SB win was the right way irks people. Why even say it. its freakin football..a modern day extension of the Roman Gladiator games. I don't think god sits up there yeah hurt that QB.
If anything the Patriots did it the right way with everyone is equal and its the team...not ego maniac Manning trying to win the game for himself.

other than that yes he's a nice man.

anyway..HNY :)

Fully Tilted
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Probably because all the jokes have been made; and getting nasty/telling the truth is the only thing we have left.

Aren't we better than that though? Truth, I suppose, is perception. But we've had this discussion. It's been done. And we all know where it leads.

Just my 2 cents Tommy. Your opinion, insight and candor is something I generally assess as 'must-read'. That said, this gets old after awhile.

JMHumbleO

TommyD420
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Aren't we better than that though? Truth, I suppose, is perception. But we've had this discussion. It's been done. And we all know where it leads.

Just my 2 cents Tommy. Your opinion, insight and candor is something I generally assess as 'must-read'. That said, this gets old after awhile.

JMHumbleO

Which is precisely why I've been on my best behavior in this thread. Let's move on.