PDA

View Full Version : Belichick jinxed us!

aquariuspatsfan
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
He wore that red sweatshirt! Why after wearing gray sweatshirts and kicking ass all season long he goes for red? Did he think it was going to make him look like he had some fire? Well I think the red color might have been distracting him from making the right calls as a coach because I'd never seen him make such bad decisions in a big game and he couldn't even adjust to the Giants defense by half time! It got worse!

I'm sorry I'm very superstitious and when I saw him wearing that bright red sweatshirt I got a little funny feeling! Stick to gray Belichick it's more your color anyway.

TBrownslady
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by aquariuspatsfan on 02-04-2008 at 05:25 PM
He wore that red sweatshirt! Why after wearing gray sweatshirts and kicking ass all season long he goes for red? Did he think it was going to make him look like he had some fire? Well I think the red color might have been distracting him from making the right calls as a coach because I'd never seen him make such bad decisions in a big game and he couldn't even adjust to the Giants defense by half time! It got worse!

I'm sorry I'm very superstitious and when I saw him wearing that bright red sweatshirt I got a little funny feeling! Stick to gray Belichick it's more your color anyway.

As crazy as it sounds I said and felt the same thing. I was not the only one at the party either although most people laughed when I said anything.

3 Point Stan
02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
What's funniest is that you decided to follow through with posting this.

aquariuspatsfan
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TBrownslady on 02-04-2008 at 05:29 PM
As crazy as it sounds I said and felt the same thing. I was not the only one at the party either although most people laughed when I said anything. yeah it sounds kind of ridiculous but come on I'm superstitious dammit and Belichick's gray sweatshirt had become such a trademark that when I first saw the color red I actually got a little funny feeling that said "Uh oh". Am I completely crazy for feeling that way? lol.

HomelessJoe
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Have we ever won with the red hoodie?

Alco
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
As crazy as it sounds I said and felt the same thing. I was not the only one at the party either although most people laughed when I said anything.

It was the first thought that entered my mind when I saw it as well. He better be wearing that same old ugly ass grey one with the cut off sleeves for the rest of his Pats career now. :mad:

TBrownslady
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by aquariuspatsfan on 02-04-2008 at 05:31 PM
yeah it sounds kind of ridiculous but come on I'm superstitious dammit and Belichick's gray sweatshirt had become such a trademark that when I first saw the color red I actually got a little funny feeling that said "Uh oh". Am I completely crazy for feeling that way? lol.

Well if you're crazy than I am too...wait I already know I am :)

TBrownslady
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Alco on 02-04-2008 at 05:38 PM
It was the first thought that entered my mind when I saw it as well. He better be wearing that same old ugly ass grey one with the cut off sleeves for the rest of his Pats career now. :mad:

I agree! It's just not the same without the original hoodie!

Alco
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TBrownslady on 02-04-2008 at 05:42 PM
Well if you're crazy than I am too...wait I already know I am :)

I think the first time I realized I was crazy was sometime during my 19th year of living. I had like a Kevin Spacey moment from American Beauty. Haven't looked back since. :thumb:

PSC_Pats_Fan
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM

Same here!!

Damn that stupid red hoodie... Damn it straight to hell!

aquariuspatsfan
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I thought I was going to get flamed for this but thanks guys for letting me know I'm not alone. All superstitious loonies band together! haha!

BradyGirl
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
The only other time he wore the red hoodie we lost, too. :mad:

:Pat: :Patriots! :Pat: :Patriots! Forever!!!

Alco
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BradyGirl on 02-04-2008 at 06:03 PM
The only other time he wore the red hoodie we lost, too. :mad:

:Pat: :Patriots! :Pat: :Patriots! Forever!!!

Once shame on you. Twice shame on me.

He better never wear that damn thing again. :mad:

Steve1
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
There is no jinxing. He could have worn a purple zute suit, and the outcome still could have been 17-14, bad guys.

It's time we all grew up, and realized that our little superstitions have nothing to do with reality...

OUCH OUCH....who's sticking me with pins? OUCH OUCH OUCH

Alco
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Steve1 on 02-04-2008 at 06:51 PM
There is no jinxing. He could have worn a purple zute suit, and the outcome still could have been 17-14, bad guys.

It's time we all grew up, and realized that our little superstitions have nothing to do with reality...

OUCH OUCH....who's sticking me with pins? OUCH OUCH OUCH

LIES!

tehmackdaddy
02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
When I first saw Bill I was surprised at the red hoodie. Every time I saw him thereafter, it just didn't look right.

BradyLady12
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I think it's because of Giselle....Brady at least won SB's dating Bridget.

Alco
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BradyLady12 on 02-04-2008 at 07:20 PM
I think it's because of Giselle....Brady at least won SB's dating Bridget.

I think it was only 1 so that's not the problem. I still think it's that damn red hoodie.

aquariuspatsfan
02-05-2008, 01:51 AM
yeah I still think it's the red hoodie. I don't think Tom is like Tony Romo getting distracted by chicks. I think Belichick was the one distracted because he was making bad calls and he couldn't figure out any way to adjust to that Giants defense by halftime.

It was like he never had any backup plan because he didn't change anything. And instead it got worse because our defense after holding the Giants to 3 points in the first half fell apart!

It's the red hoodie I'm telling you! I didn't see him wear it throughout the season. It was always the gray sweatshirt. Cut off at the sleeves. It was his routine! Part of his iconography!

And he changes it for the most important game and we lose? Belichick stick to the gray honey. It brings out your eyes better anyway. Red was too harsh and distracted you.

maelli
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I am ashamed to admit it but I thought the same thing when I saw it. "The dreaded RED hoodie!?! Oh noez!!1!!11!!"

Glad to see SOME of my fellow PP brethren felt the same way. Thanks for validating my insane superstitious self. :thumb:

JFK
02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
lol. He wore a red hoodie this season already and we won.

cadmonkey
02-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by HomelessJoe on 02-04-2008 at 05:35 PM
Have we ever won with the red hoodie?

he wore the red hoodie last year in the AFCCG loss too

Steve1
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by cadmonkey on 02-05-2008 at 08:31 AM
he wore the red hoodie last year in the AFCCG loss too

When does it ever end.......

He should have worn the grey sweatshirt, he should have worn the red one, I should have sat in that special place, somebody walked in front of the tv at the wrong time, somebody entered the room at the wrong time, I should have covered my eyes, etc.....

geesh....

I used to be like that, but now I am so much more mature......I think

skippy1999
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
No it is definitely the red hoodie's fault, he wore it last year against the Colts, I think in the regular season, and we lost then too. For real, I saw that red hoodie and just never felt comfortable all night. I was hoping he would change at halftime. :(

appalachia
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Look guys. I'm a steeler fan and have been since I was 5 years old. I'm not coming here to kick you when youre down but Bill's behavior after the game was simply appalling. After sooo much success all year and forcing opposing coaches, including mine, to stand on the sidelines and take being crushed the least he could have done was not abandon his defense on the field with one tick on the clock. I dont really have anything against pats fans personally but my respect level for your organization really plummeted after that. In your first superbowl I couldnt have been more behind you guys, as a team I had no feeling for one way or the other. But the other night, because of your coach, I could not have wanted him to eat the big one more. It will be interesting to see what comes of all the spygate2 shit seeing our govt now sees the need to get involved. I know a lot of you are hurting right now and some would revel in that fact. I for one know how you feel as I had to cheer for the steelers in the 80's. I know some of you hit the stillers.com boards gloating about your success...come back on over...

BradyLady12
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Alco on 02-04-2008 at 07:23 PM
I think it was only 1 so that's not the problem. I still think it's that damn red hoodie.

Well he still won with her...not with Giselle. :p

patsfan70
02-08-2008, 01:12 PM
he jinxed us.
love this

http://www.whytheredsweatshirt.com/