PDA

View Full Version : F Y I

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Q&A: Goodell pleased, confident about NFL's direction

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-01-27-goodell_N.htm

By Bob McManaman, The Arizona Republic
He is the man behind the shield, the caretaker of the most successful professional sports league in the nation, and when Super Bowl XLII kicks off next Sunday in Glendale, Ariz., NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be enjoying it just like the rest of the country.
Now in his third calendar year as commissioner, Goodell recently spoke with The Republic from league headquarters in New York and discussed a variety of topics, including the league's collective-bargaining agreement and the accomplishments and frailties of some of today's top NFL stars.
His is a pressure-filled job with consuming responsibilities, but he takes on the challenge just the way his father, Charles Goodell, a former U.S. representative and senator from New York, did during his political career.
The elder Goodell, who was appointed as a Republican to the U.S. Senate to fill the un-expired term of the assassinated Robert F. Kennedy, was a resilient force. He made headlines by calling on the House of Representatives to impeach President Nixon for illegally expanding the Vietnam War and entering the sovereign territory of a neutral nation.
Roger Goodell has thrived on his own such convictions, whether it has been dealing harshly with players for improper conduct, doling out an unprecedented penalty to the New England Patriots for illegal videotaping of an opponent's sideline, or ushering in a new generation of the NFL brand on international marketplaces.
Q: A week away from the Super Bowl, what are your thoughts on the 2007 season and how does this matchup between the Patriots and Giants look to you?
A: "When I think of the 2007 season, and I think a lot of people are saying this, it may have been one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. The competitiveness of the play, the quality of the play, the excitement that was generated by the players and coaches and clubs. I think this has been really an extraordinary year for our fans, which is what we're doing and what we're in business for.
"I just got a note today that we were 13 of the top 15 television shows of the entire 2007-2008 television season, which is extraordinary. I think everything indicates it's been an incredible season and it's captured the fans' imagination.
"As far as the matchup goes, I think it's great. What a terrific matchup when you have a team that's already achieved unprecedented success with 18 wins and no losses, trying to complete an undefeated season against a team that started 0-2 and has really come together and played so well on the road."
Q: Can Arizona, hosting its second Super Bowl, expect more in the future and possibly even be placed into a Super Bowl rotation?
A: "Well, we don't have an official Super Bowl rotation, but I think everyone believes that their experience back in '96 in Arizona was a terrific experience. The only negative at that point in time was really the stadium issue and that has since been addressed. It's a first-class stadium and one that we're excited about having the Super Bowl in and so I think as we look forward, there's a great opportunity for Arizona to have future Super Bowls."
Q: What impact do you think football has had on the nation over the years?
A: "It's very unique. I've often said I don't think there's anything that brings a community together like football. And I think that's particularly evident on Super Bowl Sunday, when it really becomes an unofficial holiday and everyone gathers around their television sets and is intrigued and participates in something that really brings everyone together and entertains everyone. I think that's a wonderful thing and we're proud of that and the emotional aspect of getting the fans so engaged in our game is what we're all trying to accomplish."
Q: Several U.S. presidents have said that after their first year or two in office, they realized their job was a lot different than they expected. You've been inside the NFL operations for a quarter-century now. Have you found your job is a lot different from what you expected?
A: "I don't think so. I've spent close to 25 years before becoming commissioner in this office and I think I understood the job, I understood the responsibility. I would probably say the one aspect that you can't ever fully appreciate until you get the job is the awesome responsibility that comes with it in the sense that you know how important the National Football League is to all of our fans and you recognize you have a great deal of responsibility to them, and to the clubs and the players and everyone associated with the league."
Q: Can you talk about the challenges that lie ahead for you and the league, and specifically, the collective bargaining agreement and the likelihood there will be a decision to reopen it on Nov. 8? Is that going to command most of your attention in the coming months?
A: "Yes it does. Our single priority here is really to keep the fans focused on the game and the great accomplishments on the field and to handle all those business issues that certainly arise when you're running a league like the National Football League and try to deal with those quietly and effectively, and don't take away from those great performances. ... Labor has been very much a quiet focus for us. We've had a tremendous number of meetings, both internally with our people, with our committees and our membership, and also with the union to make sure we deal with that effectively, because it's important to the players, it's important to the league and it's important to all of our fans. We know how important that is and we trust that we will deal with that effectively."
Q: How realistic is it that a Super Bowl may be played outside of the United States at some point?
A: "I don't know. That's a decision that ultimately the ownership has to make. I know there's interest on behalf of other cities in hosting the Super Bowl, internationally, and I think that's something the membership will at least be presented with by those cities. But that's a decision that ultimately will be made by the ownership on the basis of 32 votes, as you know."
Q: Do we, as a nation, need to do a better job of keeping professional athletes and their performances in the proper perspective?
A: "Well, our society probably has a tendency to overreact to a lot of things, but I think they find the achievements of individual athletes and teams inspiring and I think one of the things that makes the NFL unique is the team performances, the ability of a group of young men to come together and achieve a collective goal is really very inspiring to fans. That's something our fans do take away from the NFL that I think makes it special.
"As far as individual players, I think they have to recognize these individuals are great athletes, superior performers, and they also are young individuals and some of them make mistakes. That is going to happen, but we all make mistakes in life, and I think our group of players, we're extremely proud of them because they're doing some great things on and off the field."
Q: You talk about inspiring. How much did your father inspire you throughout your life, including the present day?
A: "I am a very fortunate person because a lot of people have inspired me and have had great influences on me. And that starts with my parents, both my mother and father, plus four brothers and just a lot of close relatives and friends and mentors, including (former NFL commissioners) Pete Rozelle and Paul Tagliabue.
"None of us get to where we are alone and that's clearly the case with Roger Goodell. My father was obviously a very inspiring figure to me for what he did in his career and the fact he pursued what he felt was right. .. regardless of the personal consequences to him. I always remember that. He followed his passion, he loved his passion, he did what he felt was right, even though he knew it might be the end of his career in politics."
Q: What is some of the best advice you have received since you've been on the job?
A: "Well, I don't know if it was really on the job. I've always believed you have to tackle your issues head on and you have to try and stay ahead of the issues, that you don't let the issues dictate how you operate. You have to anticipate the challenges ahead and the opportunities ahead and try to take advantage of those.
"That, and be innovative and listen.. .. I think one of the biggest lessons I've always learned from being in the National Football League is that there are a lot of perspectives. We have a lot of people who care very deeply about the NFL, not just owners and management and players, but fans and business partners that all bring an interesting perspective and, if you listen clearly, they can help you find a better solution to the challenges ahead."

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
:blah::blah::4321:

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
MY GOOD BUD YOUR BACK

I THOUGHT THEY ASSCLOWNED YOU

DID U KNOW MEPATNUT HASNT POSTED SINCE YOU KILLED HIM?

AND EVERYONES GONE PARANOID

F U

Alco
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Have that Lombardi nice and polished up for us this sunday Roger.

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:13 PM
alco, this man has changed lives....

he led the nation for a questionare of nov 8th i think it was

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
ps roger, hows the assistants? what was that hot girls name again whose life we ruined? she still locked in the bathroom

Ras
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
GFY Goodell!

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-29-2008 at 06:08 PM
:blah::blah::4321:

Nice Garfield Avatar you once had you looser

Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 06:11 PM
MY GOOD BUD YOUR BACK

I THOUGHT THEY ASSCLOWNED YOU

DID U KNOW MEPATNUT HASNT POSTED SINCE YOU KILLED HIM?

AND EVERYONES GONE PARANOID

F U

So you thought I was put to rest, shouldn’t you be studying for your learners permit?

And MEPATSNUT was Paranoid before I ever got to him

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:26 PM

So you thought I was put to rest, shouldn�t you be studying for your learners permit?

And MEPATSNUT was Paranoid before I ever got to him

O i got the learners permit

when did they let you out of the kiddie corner?

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 06:27 PM
O i got the learners permit

when did they let you out of the kiddie corner?

You can’t handle the truth,

I never left, and we will leave it at that…

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:30 PM
You can�t handle the truth,

I never left, and we will leave it at that�

Good to know. How's the secretary doing? You fire her for not being able to get the job done? PS- Wheres the nuddy wife pics?

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 06:31 PM
Good to know. How's the secretary doing? You fire her for not being able to get the job done? PS- Wheres the nuddy wife pics?

I’m going to let you in on a little secret our paths have crossed many times over many months here at the planet. I remember one time having a conversation with you as you were waiting for your very late pizza delivery. ;)

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:37 PM
I�m going to let you in on a little secret our paths have crossed many times over many months here at the planet. I remember one time having a conversation with you as you were waiting for your very late pizza delivery. ;)

Wait so are you actually a pats fan? That'd be pretty cool. Like I know MEPATNUT has an alias, is this just another joke? Like maybe your p4e or something?! Or maybe Patsfanlisa, you both joined very close days.

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 06:44 PM
Wait so are you actually a pats fan? That'd be pretty cool. Like I know MEPATNUT has an alias, is this just another joke? Like maybe your p4e or something?! Or maybe Patsfanlisa, you both joined very close days.

I think I started the paranoid movement but most likely not ;)

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:47 PM
I think I started the paranoid movement but most likely not ;)

Your either patswin4me or you are patsfanlisa. but both of those two have been nice to me. So if your either one of them, i like you:thumb:

Roger Goodell
01-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 06:49 PM
Your either patswin4me or you are patsfanlisa. but both of those two have been nice to me. So if your either one of them, i like you:thumb:

:thumb:

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:26 PM

Be nice dirt bag

01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Roger Goodell on 01-29-2008 at 06:03 PM

To all the original members (yes, that includes you, FA, and all those from Chiefs Planet that got this board going, thankees much! :bow: :bow: :bow: ), to the 25 and to all the others that came before me and to all those that came after me:

It has been my honor and my privilege to call you my friends, my brethren, regardless of which team you root for. May your lives know nothing but health and happiness.

This is my last post in Patriots Planet because "GodAll" is back. He reminds me way too much of Collar Up. Going through that once was more than enough and yet I endured the lame revisit when he first appeared a few months ago. But not this time.

Yeah, I could put him on ignore, but then I'd have to put every person that quotes him on ignore as well and that I can not do.

I hereby abdicate my nick and my sig. Whoever wants any of it can have it.

Except for the Oedipus Tex reference. I bequeath that part of my sig to Flagg.

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
i have a man crush on faulk, dibs!

jk dont leave 54

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by #54 on 01-29-2008 at 07:33 PM
To all the original members (yes, that includes you, FA, and all those from Chiefs Planet that got this board going, thankees much! :bow: :bow: :bow: ), to the 25 and to all the others that came before me and to all those that came after me:

It has been my honor and my privilege to call you my friends, my brethren, regardless of which team you root for. May your lives know nothing but health and happiness.

This is my last post in Patriots Planet because "GodAll" is back. He reminds me way too much of Collar Up. Going through that once was more than enough and yet I endured the lame revisit when he first appeared a few months ago. But not this time.

Yeah, I could put him on ignore, but then I'd have to put every person that quotes him on ignore as well and that I can not do.

Don’t go over board here I’m sure it’s a one time event for the turd

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-29-2008 at 07:40 PM
Don’t go over board here I’m sure it’s a one time event for the turd

i hate to say it patswin, with all the good times weve had, but i accuse you of being roger

i caught you o:-)

now i need to alert the world

i hope im wrong

Patriots4ever
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

I agree that the multiple screen names/personalities are VERY annoying, but don't leave the place over it. You're a more valuable member than they are anyway. This is SB week, get the priorities straight. This place wouldn't be the same without a great Patriots fan like yourself.

ParanoidPatriot
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Polian is dead. So is Phillip Rivers. Moe Green. Eric Mangini. Tom Jackson. Roger Goodell Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent.

Admit what you did you lying bastard.

BB on 2/4/08

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-29-2008 at 07:50 PM
Polian is dead. So is Phillip Rivers. Moe Green. Eric Mangini. Tom Jackson. Roger Goodell Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent.

Admit what you did you lying bastard.

BB on 2/4/08

What do you see in his future on 2/4/08? Paranoid

oldbagfan
01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
To all the original members . .

This is my last post in Patriots Planet . . .

OK, I'm far from an "original member" by any calculation, but I hereby claim the right to pipe up anyhoo and say that I, for one, would really miss having you around. It just so happens that when you were your big Red Eye, you responded to a post I had made in a way that really made me feel appreciated and okay about being new around here. You were just about the 1st name I learned when I started posting, ... sniff . . .

Anyway, not to get too maudlin about it: I feel your pain brother. That jackass chargers fan just about ran me off not long ago, but say, why let the creeps win out? They eventually skulk off and the cream rises to the top o:-)

Jus sayin . . . Baby Please Doan Go! (supply melody) Yr Friend OBF

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
patswin4me is a respected member, but if this is him, there must be some crime to pay....maybe something like ban him from looking at girliethread ;P

babalu87
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Goodell, try not to bite off your bottom lip as you hand the trophy to Belichick

Oh, GFY

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 09:06 PM
patswin4me is a respected member, but if this is him, there must be some crime to pay....maybe something like ban him from looking at girliethread ;P

What are you talking about?

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by babalu87* on 01-29-2008 at 09:12 PM
Goodell, try not to bite off your bottom lip as you hand the trophy to Belichick

Oh, GFY

Priceless

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-29-2008 at 09:14 PM
What are you talking about?

i have a theory you are goodell

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 09:22 PM
i have a theory you are goodell

nah,
If I were Goodell why would I be here? This is Super Bowl week I would be very busy don’t you think

patsin°°
01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-29-2008 at 09:27 PM
nah,
If I were Goodell why would I be here? This is Super Bowl week I would be very busy don�t you think

yes....

from his clues only you and patsfanlisa matched up

and i dont think hes a girl

but i apologize for the inquisition

pookie
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by #54 on 01-29-2008 at 06:33 PM
To all the original members (yes, that includes you, FA, and all those from Chiefs Planet that got this board going, thankees much!

#54 - Please do not leave. Take my word for it Goodell and his antics here are not even close to the Collar Up BS that swept the board.... NOT EVEN CLOSE. I'm pretty sure that Goodell is just trying to be funny even though, I'll also admit that it is lame and the multiple personalities bore me to tears, personally.

Don't do anything extreme like leaving the board. You're a valued member and you shouldn't take this person too seriously.

ParanoidPatriot
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-29-2008 at 07:53 PM
What do you see in his future on 2/4/08? Paranoid

Lucia Brazzi sleeps with the fishes.

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-29-2008 at 09:29 PM
yes....

from his clues only you and patsfanlisa matched up

and i dont think hes a girl

but i apologize for the inquisition

This is the internet has the Paranoia bug got you now

HarpoonIPA
01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by pookie on 01-29-2008 at 09:33 PM
#54 - Please do not leave. Take my word for it Goodell and his antics here are not even close to the Collar Up BS that swept the board.... NOT EVEN CLOSE. I'm pretty sure that Goodell is just trying to be funny even though, I'll also admit that it is lame and the multiple personalities bore me to tears, personally.

Don't do anything extreme like leaving the board. You're a valued member and you shouldn't take this person too seriously.

:clap: Pookie, is right

Undertaker #59
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by pookie on 01-29-2008 at 09:33 PM

+1

I am getting a little tired of some of the multiples myself.

#54, you do not have permission to leave. :harumph:

mikiemo83
01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Undertaker #59* on 01-30-2008 at 08:54 AM
+1

I am getting a little tired of some of the multiples myself.

#54, you do not have permission to leave. :harumph: UT, I sign on only as Mikiemo83 and only have the one account but according to these Freud types I have to see all the time, I got multiple personalities and all of them are less likely to escape at anytime

should I not post when I'm not myself?

and #54, I too think you should stay

babalu87
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Multiple personalities............. maybe in real life but not on the internetz.

I have the same one in almost every message board, website I go to.
I only changed it from babalu4 to babalu87 because there were more than 4 babalus at one website years back.

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by babalu87* on 01-30-2008 at 09:47 AM
Multiple personalities............. maybe in real life but not on the internetz.

I have the same one in almost every message board, website I go to.
I only changed it from babalu4 to babalu87 because there were more than 4 babalus at one website years back.

What does babalu the name mean? sorry for the ignorance

ParanoidPatriot
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
In accordance with Pookie and UT"s wishes, I need to announce the death of MEPATNUT. He will still live within me but will not longer come here as his own entity.

Now #54, if I'm willing to scarifice someone close to me, you should reconsider and continue posting here. Otherwise, MEPATNUT's death will be for nothing. :***:

oldbagfan
01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 10:09 AM
In accordance with Pookie and UT"s wishes, I need to announce the death of MEPATNUT.

Emphysema, huh? :(

And so young too!

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 10:09 AM
In accordance with Pookie and UT"s wishes, I need to announce the death of MEPATNUT. He will still live within me but will not longer come here as his own enity.

Now #54, if I'm willing to scarifice someone close to me, you should reconsider and continue posting here. Otherwise, MEPATNUT's death will be for nothing. :***:

Well Goodell died a horrible death last night in the aftermath of #54 as well and will remain under lock and key until the day MEPATSNUT comes back, If ever.

It was all in fun where some get it and others don’t.

LVent*
01-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I hope ya stay 54. The collargate thing while it didnt bother me, it was just stupid to me. Like bab, i dont see the point in having 100 different names. I am either lvent or lventling wherever I go. I have enough user names/passwords to remember from my job to hold me over for a lifetime! You are a good guy and I hope you change your mind.

ParanoidPatriot
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 10:15 AM
Emphysema, huh? :(

And so young too!

NO - he felt fine.

It was quite unexpected. To think he got caught up in the cross fire that caused the demise of Roger Goodell and Dashoe. Both were needed executions

But, the innocent always suffer in a violent purge. I'm thinking of using his avatar as a tribute.

R.I.P:MEPATNUT

mikiemo83
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 11:09 AM
NO - he felt fine.

It was quite unexpected. To think he got caught up in the cross fire that caused the demise of Roger Goodell and Dashoe. Both were needed executions

But, the innocent always suffer in a violent purge. I'm thinking of using his avatar as a tribute.

R.I.P:MEPATNUT thank you I missed Mr Peabody

babalu87
01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 10:01 AM
What does babalu the name mean? sorry for the ignorance

When I was fishing for Giant Bluefin Tuna (pictured below) us boat Captains would all hang out and pretty much drink when it was windy.
A place in Harwich called the Old Kemah Inn was a place we frequented often. They had a great Shrimp appetizer called Texas BBQ Shrimp and I ordered it more often than not when we went there. One night Captain Bobby starts calling them the secret BBQ then secret babalu shrimp as we were poking fun at another captain who was being secretive regarding where he was fishing.
It was also the phrase used to describe my drink of choice at the time which was Captain Morgan and Coke. One of the Captains had a nice bar on the boat (dont picture lobster boats here, picture those fishing machines you see at the docks during tournaments) and they also had a dumbwaiter. In that dumbwaiter he replaced a Gin with the Captain because , allegedly I drank so much of it
:o
To this day everyone who I became close with during that time in my life calls me babalu.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Ricky Freakin Ricardo :banghead:

Giant Bluefin tuna

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by babalu87* on 01-30-2008 at 11:22 AM
When I was fishing for Giant Bluefin Tuna (pictured below) us boat Captains would all hang out and pretty much drink when it was windy.
A place in Harwich called the Old Kemah Inn was a place we frequented often. They had a great Shrimp appetizer called Texas BBQ Shrimp and I ordered it more often than not when we went there. One night Captain Bobby starts calling them the secret BBQ then secret babalu shrimp as we were poking fun at another captain who was being secretive regarding where he was fishing.
It was also the phrase used to describe my drink of choice at the time which was Captain Morgan and Coke. One of the Captains had a nice bar on the boat (dont picture lobster boats here, picture those fishing machines you see at the docks during tournaments) and they also had a dumbwaiter. In that dumbwaiter he replaced a Gin with the Captain because , allegedly I drank so much of it
:o
To this day everyone who I became close with during that time in my life calls me babalu.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Ricky Freakin Ricardo :banghead:

Giant Bluefin tuna

Cool:thumb:

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 11:09 AM
NO - he felt fine.

R.I.P:MEPATNUT

Gang warfare is very tragic, sorry about the drive by MEPATSNUT and once again sorry #54 at least the mods here knew who I was from my IP which I would never hide.:thumb:

oldbagfan
01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 11:54 AM
Gang warfare is very tragic, sorry about the drive by MEPATSNUT and once again sorry #54 at least the mods here knew who I was from my IP which I would never hide.:thumb:

I found the suggestion that you were secretly "Roger Goddell" ridiculous - and that if it wasn't you, it had to be PatsFanLisa even MORE ridiculous . . . ROFL

Youngsters!

Ras
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a hard time keeping my stuff in line, I don't have time to figure out who is who here.

I mean, I could have an "alter-ego" here, too and can use that to be a dick, but then again I can use my regular name and do the same, but I choose not to.

For others, eh....... what ever floats your boat.

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 12:08 PM
I found the suggestion that you were secretly "Roger Goddell" ridiculous - and that if it wasn't you, it had to be PatsFanLisa even MORE ridiculous . . . ROFL

Youngsters!

Boredom and trying to liven up some of your days sorry OBF

patsin°°
01-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 10:16 AM
Well Goodell died a horrible death last night in the aftermath of #54 as well and will remain under lock and key until the day MEPATSNUT comes back, If ever.

It was all in fun where some get it and others don’t.

so you were goodell??

man im a young cop in the making

:Patriots!

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-30-2008 at 12:55 PM
so you were goodell??

:Patriots!

Well I did leave you with many fingerprints all over the place last night. But the first person to figure me out was none other then SF87 months ago and that boggles my mind on how he did that with out being a mod here:thumb:

LVent*
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 01:04 PM
Well I did leave you with many fingerprints all over the place last night. But the first person to figure me out was none other then SF87 months ago and that boggles my mind on how he did that with out being a mod here:thumb:

its a pittsburgh thing :p

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by LVent* on 01-30-2008 at 01:07 PM
its a pittsburgh thing :p
:eek: That’s what I was afraid of;)

BY1401
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by patsin°° on 01-30-2008 at 11:55 AM
DON'T TASE ME BRO!!! DON'T TASE ME!!!

oldbagfan
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 12:14 PM
Boredom and trying to liven up some of your days sorry OBF

WOW! That amazes me!!! For starters: it must have taken a whole lot of time to look up all the answers to the reams of questions posed when "Roger" first showed up. Lots of time on your hands, there :Patriots! win4me??

Did not have you pegged as a devious undergrounder. :eek:
Live and learn. . . :)

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 01:16 PM
WOW! That amazes me!!! For starters: it must have taken a whole lot of time to look up all the answers to the reams of questions posed when "Roger" first showed up. Lots of time on your hands, there :Patriots! win4me??

Did not have you pegged as a devious undergrounder. :eek:
Live and learn. . . :)

Bishbash’s questions killed me and I truly was sorry that some scum bag tried to fake out that they were you. That’s why Roger gave you flowers he did not mean, I mean I did not mean for that to happen when it did. And was happy that Pookie took care of that for you and banned the person in question.

oldbagfan
01-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 01:23 PM
Bishbash’s questions killed me and I truly was sorry that some scum bag tried to fake out that they were you. That’s why Roger gave you flowers he did not mean, I mean I did not mean for that to happen when it did. And was happy that Pookie took care of that for you and banned the person in question.

:confused: All over my head! But what do I know about underground machinations. I'm only on here to back the PATRIOTS!!!:Pat: :Pat:

(anyway, I would never believe you had anything whatsoever to do with the nasty imposter who took over oldbagfan's posts for awhile there . . . I'm perfectly able to make up rotten comments out of my own brain - I don't need ghost writers!!:harumph:

LVent*
01-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 01:30 PM
:confused: All over my head! But what do I know about underground machinations. I'm only on here to back the PATRIOTS!!!:Pat: :Pat:

(anyway, I would never believe you had anything whatsoever to do with the nasty imposter who took over oldbagfan's posts for awhile there . . . I'm perfectly able to make up rotten comments out of my own brain - I don't need ghost writers!!:harumph:

Those Bay Area females have some smart tongues! My Aunt stays cracking jokes on people ;)

oldbagfan
01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LVent* on 01-30-2008 at 01:35 PM
Those Bay Area females have some smart tongues! My Aunt stays cracking jokes on people ;)

Yep - they grow em wild and ornery on the Left Coast! :thumb:

(ps - hope you enjoyed yr stay in Concord)

LVent*
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 01:38 PM
Yep - they grow em wild and ornery on the Left Coast! :thumb:

(ps - hope you enjoyed yr stay in Concord)

Yea it was a blast, they actually all live in Brentwood/discovery bay :p I was confused about that lol... Ill see alot of them in Vegas end of Feb. so there will be more abuse for me :p

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by oldbagfan on 01-30-2008 at 01:30 PM

At times I felt the pot needed to be stirred so one day out of the blue I decided to make up Roger and had his assistance come and post under Bob and Cindy the youngest of the Brady Bunch I was going to work my way up to Alice but Mickiemo figured out the Brady Bunch connection so I decided to just lock Cindy in the bathroom because of her being so fragile and having MEPATSNUT ask what she was wearing was a hoot.

People I did this out of the love for this site, not to make #54 run away but to bring a little Tabasco to the table.

And no OBF that imposter of you was not me, and I can swear that on the love of the Patriots I have…

ParanoidPatriot
01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I think that after the mass suicide #54 better come back.

And BTW, where the hell is RG? Was he Dashoe's other personality? Did the lucky bastage get tickets to the SB and is is down in AZ raping and pillaging as we speak?

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 02:43 PM
I think that after the mass suicide #54 better come back.

And BTW, where the hell is RG? Was he Dashoe's other personality? Did the lucky bastage get tickets to the SB and is is down in AZ raping and pillaging as we speak?

I agree with you on this NUT

And I found this

Originally posted by RoadGrader on 01-27-2008 at 09:13 PM
I am trying to take a prolonged break from posting here on the Planet but........

I must not miss this opportunity to thank you, Dave, for sharing this very personal story that you and TFB had while you both were in the Michigan program together

:thumb: :thumb:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30236&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I hope RG isn’t doing what we did, mass suicide

Undertaker #59
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 03:06 PM
I agree with you on this NUT

And I found this

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30236&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I hope RG isn’t doing what we did, mass suicide

Oh I see.

If you go back to his post before that, he is doing what Thomas suggested he do after RG started that Bone Density thread:

Originally posted by thomas144 on 01-25-2008 at 10:36 AM
Roadgrader, I haven't read all this thread and I'm not 100% sure I understand what on earth you are talking about, but really, I think it's time you stepped away from the keyboard for a while. Just don't post anything. Better yet, don't read anything that might tempt you to post anything. Give it a rest for a few days. Come back on Wednesday after the injury report comes out. THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

I know that some here do not share these sentiments of yours, but ever since you turned me onto that Geisha book, I have never doubted you thomas

I think you are right and I thank you

You've been missed RG. I hope to hear from you after the injury report today. :)

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker #59* on 01-30-2008 at 03:11 PM
Oh I see.

If you go back to his post before that, he is doing what Thomas suggested he do after RG started that Bone Density thread:

You've been missed RG. I hope to hear from you after the injury report today. :)

Thanks UT:thumb:
So he did not drink any spiked Kool Aid woohoo

ParanoidPatriot
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I thought it was strange that we had a new female poster and RG didn't "welcome" her.

Well the bastage better come back and I mean soon. Otherwise I will not share an insider story about you know over at you know where.

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 03:22 PM
I thought it was strange that we had a new female poster and RG didn't "welcome" her.

new female poster woohoo where? is she hot?

LVent*
01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker #59* on 01-30-2008 at 03:11 PM
Oh I see.

Yea hurry back, picking on Mikie is just not as fun...

mikiemo83
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LVent* on 01-30-2008 at 03:52 PM
Yea hurry back, picking on Mikie is just not as fun... yeah

LVent*
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by *mikiemo83 on 01-30-2008 at 04:35 PM
yeah

see how doll err dull he is????

ParanoidPatriot
01-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by patriotswin4me on 01-30-2008 at 03:26 PM
new female poster woohoo where? is she hot?

Hi, I signed up a few months back

I’m very excited about the superbowl and hope we win. I noticed that some of you have pictures under your name how do you do that?

Can I put a picture of myself up?

Or is that not aloud?

Well a little about my self, my name is Beulah and I love this team. I am from Spanish heritage, I love to dance and play poker with my friends. My father got me into watching football when I was 9 and watch when I can. I forget how I found this site and don’t post much at other sites that I belong too so don’t expect me to post to often here. Well I will be chatting with you all, take care

Sincerely,
Beulah

She sounded hot. But any female sounds hot to me. :thumb:

I have an active imagination.

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ParanoidPatriot on 01-30-2008 at 05:02 PM
Hi, I signed up a few months back

I’m very excited about the superbowl and hope we win. I noticed that some of you have pictures under your name how do you do that?

Can I put a picture of myself up?

Or is that not aloud?

Well a little about my self, my name is Beulah and I love this team. I am from Spanish heritage, I love to dance and play poker with my friends. My father got me into watching football when I was 9 and watch when I can. I forget how I found this site and don’t post much at other sites that I belong too so don’t expect me to post to often here. Well I will be chatting with you all, take care

Sincerely,
Beulah

She sounded hot. But any female sounds hot to me. :thumb:

I have an active imagination.

where is the link? and yes I remember you asking to see Jane in the skin:thumb:

HarpoonIPA
01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I found it

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30262

She never put her picture up:mad: