PDA

View Full Version : OT - Greetings from the TGI Fridays in Terminal C at DFW

MattsPats
03-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Just waiting for my connection to Orlando after having to first fly around DFW to avoid a thunderstorm, land in Austin, refuel the POS MD-80 (DC-9) I was in then fly back to DFW only to stop short of the gate by 200 feet for 15 minutes because there was lightning! Oh well, I've got another hour before I have to board so I will check in and say hi again after a little bit of public mastication. ;)

PS: Which direction should I face to wave to you Chiefsgal?

Steve-o
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
USE THE FLAIR, MAN. USE THE FLAIR!

JD10367
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I think you can get arrested for public mastication in those there parts...

Baron Samedi
03-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Does posting on PP count as your 1 phone call?

RoadGrader
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-29-2007 at 08:00 PM

PS: Which direction should I face to wave to you Chiefsgal? just look for a moon

pookie
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-29-2007 at 07:00 PM
Just waiting for my connection to Orlando after having to first fly around DFW to avoid a thunderstorm, land in Austin, refuel the POS MD-80 (DC-9) I was in then fly back to DFW only to stop short of the gate by 200 feet for 15 minutes because there was lightning! Oh well, I've got another hour before I have to board so I will check in and say hi again after a little bit of public mastication. ;)

Look Northeast Matts.... you'll see us both over yonder.

I'm 45 mins from you and CG's about an hour and 15 mins.

MattsPats
03-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by pookie on 03-29-2007 at 08:59 PM

Howdy thar, pardner! Y'all seen a scoundrel named dashoe in these here parts? He's wanted fer doin' unnatural thangs to the sheep and cattle. :)

pookie
03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Well Matts, I hope you already got out of there because there's some more nastiness kicking up all over. This one cell here, just SW of DFW, probably has good sized hail. Watch out for the bow echo!!!

JONATHAN!
03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by pookie on 03-29-2007 at 10:52 PM
Well Matts, I hope you already got out of there because there's some more nastiness kicking up all over. This one cell here, just SW of DFW, probably has good sized hail. Watch out for the bow echo!!!

Ooooooooooo.

With the look of that radar, just start waving. As the plane gets into a supercell and begins to spin you are sooooo likely to be waving in CG's direction (and pookies, and sc's, and mine, and ICB'S) on your way down to auger in.

Have a safe flight!!!!!!!:wave:

MattsPats
03-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Good news: I got out at 9:30 and am now in Orlando.

Bad news: My luggage is still in Dallas. :(

Bright side: I have my laptop. :)

babalu87
03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
TGI Fridays
UGH I wound up at the one in Seekonk yesterday because of the GODAMN Volvo dealer (Dalzell Volvo can suck my ass)

I normally will order a cheeseburger for lunch but decided to go with the Beef brisket sandwich DONT BOTHER!

MattsPats
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Latest news (to make those who are not traveling grateful they are somewhere comfortable): So the lovely folks at American Airlines (which I formally vow to NEVER fly again) tell me they have not located my bag and have no way of knowing where it is or telling me if they did (I guess they won't be able to have some kind of tracking system until barcodes, RFID chips or computer databases are invented). ;) The first flight from DFW to Orlando arrives here at 10AM which means that if, hopefully, my bag is on that first flight out, it won't get here before noon. The second flight out doesn't get here until 2PM, which means it wont be much sooner than 4PM until my bag might arrive. I have a presentaton to give Saturday morning at 8:30 - ironically about high performing companies...something AA clearly is not - so I am debating having to buy a suit here in Orlando just in case (and to really see if those Men's Wearhouse ads are legit). If only VYF were here to "comfort" me....

What are some airlines my fellow planeteers have had generally good experiences on? I always heard United was bad, but don't have much experience; AA has totally burned a bridge with me, not because losing on piece of luggage is such a bad thing, but its they way they all keep trying to avoid responsibility for the problem and its resolution. Grrrrr.

Anyway, it is now 7AM and I've been up for 24 hours. I am amazed I am this coherent (or so I think). I suppose I will get some sleep now while the shirt I was wearing and washed in the sink continues to dry.... :)

MattsPats
03-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by babalu87 on 03-30-2007 at 06:59 AM
TGI Fridays
UGH I wound up at the one in Seekonk yesterday because of the GODAMN Volvo dealer (Dalzell Volvo can suck my ass)

I normally will order a cheeseburger for lunch but decided to go with the Beef brisket sandwich DONT BOTHER!

By the way, at one point while I was at TGIF I had PP up on my laptop (Sprint Broadband card, yeah!) and was reading one of your posts in this thread. The waitress came by to check on things and I am pretty sure your avatar caught her eye - after which she looked at me a little funny like I was looking at some dashoe kind of site. ;)

babalu87
03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-30-2007 at 07:10 AM By the way, at one point while I was at TGIF I had PP up on my laptop (Sprint Broadband card, yeah!) and was reading one of your posts in this thread. The waitress came by to check on things and I am pretty sure your avatar caught her eye - after which she looked at me a little funny like I was looking at some dashoe kind of site. ;)

ROFL
Trust me, I was feeling VERY secure in my manhood when I did the GIS for that picture.

I was about half done with lunch when two guys who would have loved that picture sat across the bar from me. I must have been one of their types, I havent been stared at much maybe ever, pretty uncomfortable but I was not in enough of a mood to ask him what he was looking at. Car dealer had me all wound up and the third 24oz. IPA had put me in a better place. o:-)

bideau
03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-30-2007 at 07:08 AM
Latest news (to make those who are not traveling grateful they are somewhere comfortable): So the lovely folks at American Airlines (which I formally vow to NEVER fly again) tell me they have not located my bag and have no way of knowing where it is or telling me if they did (I guess they won't be able to have some kind of tracking system until barcodes, RFID chips or computer databases are invented). ;) The first flight from DFW to Orlando arrives here at 10AM which means that if, hopefully, my bag is on that first flight out, it won't get here before noon. The second flight out doesn't get here until 2PM, which means it wont be much sooner than 4PM until my bag might arrive. I have a presentaton to give Saturday morning at 8:30 - ironically about high performing companies...something AA clearly is not - so I am debating having to buy a suit here in Orlando just in case (and to really see if those Men's Wearhouse ads are legit). If only VYF were here to "comfort" me....

What are some airlines my fellow planeteers have had generally good experiences on? I always heard United was bad, but don't have much experience; AA has totally burned a bridge with me, not because losing on piece of luggage is such a bad thing, but its they way they all keep trying to avoid responsibility for the problem and its resolution. Grrrrr.

Anyway, it is now 7AM and I've been up for 24 hours. I am amazed I am this coherent (or so I think). I suppose I will get some sleep now while the shirt I was wearing and washed in the sink continues to dry.... :)

Generally, I've always had good experiences. My trips have usually meant that I fly Delta. We used JetBlue in December, to/from W. Palm Beach, and that was smooth. My daughter usually takes USAir from Roanoke to Providence without problems.

I'll find out about United next week. My daughter and I are going to Chicago for a few days (she's been accepted to UChicago graduate school :thumb: ). We're both taking United. She's flying from Roanoke, I'm leaving from Providence. I guess we'll hold our breath and hope for the best.

Moebius
03-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I haven't travelled alot in the past couple of years, but did before then. It's a crap shoot. You can get perfect or horrible experiences on just about anyone. I flew NWA alot and always had good experiences, but had a couple co-workers that had sworn them off. Same for just about any other.

As for Mens Wearhouse, in my experiences yes it's just like the ads. Had to do it last Friday. Was flying to Florida for a job interview on Tuesday, and had come to the frightening realization that after 18 months working at home...let's just say I wasn't the same size. Walked in with my good slacks, they determined that there wasn't enough material to let them out (I pretty much knew, but was trying to save the $$$), in the span of about 45 minutes, I had new slacks and sport coat, sized, cuffed, and ready to go. Actually, come to think of it, that's the second time. When my mother died two years ago I had also realized I didn't even own a nice suit any more. They had me a nice one ready to go in a couple of hours. They even offered to FedEx it to the store closer to me (I used the one in Dedham, but the only place that had any suits my size at the time was Burlington) instead of waiting. Generally they've always done great for me.

I'm actually hoping I get the job I'm waiting to hear on so I can start travelling and being at client sites again. Will give me a chance to start stocking up on good clothes again. :)

O.Z.O.
03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm a Southwest kind of guy, fly to Ohio a lot as it is the biggest state in my territory (starting to know the Columbus airport a little TOO well, have my own barstool at Max and Irma's).

As of yet, no issues, but I'm pretty sure I'm screwing myself by saying that..:rolleyes:

toppat
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-30-2007 at 07:08 AM

Stay calm man...hopefully you are well rested by the time you read this.

As for AA - I fly 'em all the time, no better or wrose than the rest, they ALL suck basically.

DO NOT buy a new suit - use your misfortune as an excuse to go to presentaion dressed in total comfort. Use sympathy of your plight to your, ahem, aadvantage during your presentation. You have braved all that man, machine and nature has to throw at a person in the year 2007 and you made it!!

You are a survivior...please let us know how you made out.

By the way - what are you presenting???

chiefsgal*
03-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by MattsPats on 03-29-2007 at 08:00 PM

walk out of the front door and turn east.......see me....I'm about 45 miles away...:D

chiefsgal*
03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by pookie on 03-29-2007 at 08:59 PM

:eek: if you start handing out house numbers I'm coming over..:D

pookie
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by chiefsgal on 03-30-2007 at 06:48 PM
:eek: if you start handing out house numbers I'm coming over..:D

Excellent!!! You'll need your umbrella ---- I've got my rubbers.....

Good thing that MattsPats isn't stuck in DFW tonight. Another raucous weather evening here in the metroplex.

chiefsgal*
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by pookie on 03-30-2007 at 08:54 PM
Excellent!!! You'll need your umbrella ---- I've got my rubbers.....

Good thing that MattsPats isn't stuck in DFW tonight. Another raucous weather evening here in the metroplex.

3 plus inches...of rain....:D but today was awesome!!!!:)