PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Game

NSPatsFan
01-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Just wanted to avoid the troll flood, so I delayed. I wrote this Sunday night right after the game.

Well, that sucked.

The first thing I want to say is what the hell was up with us playing the prevent defense all night long? I understand that Bill likes to change the looks each game but when the Colts marched down the field 4 strait times youíd think somewhere along the way he would have said to himself ďHey this doesnít seem to be working.Ē

Iíve heard some people get on Caldwell for the two drops. I didnít like them of course but my thing is: Without him we wouldnít have even been there, so I know you gotta take the good with the bad.

Itís weird but all day I had this feeling we were going to lose, and not just the normal jittery feeling I always get either, I mean I really just had this dread feeling all day and it came to fruition. Even when we were up 21-3 I just had this feeling the Colts were going to win.

Iíve always had this unrealistic view of the world; I guess it was created by television, that somehow in the end Good triumphs over Evil. But slowly Iíve learned through experience that this just isnít so, and let me tell you from the heart that itís been a tough personal journey for me. The Colts are a classless organization in every sense of the word, and now they are in the Superbowl. The fact that the Patriots lost is far less significant to me than the fact that the Colts won, and that forevermore weíll be forced to hear the injustice about how Peyton Manning is the best Quarterback to ever play; even though we all know itís not true. Iím so bothered by the fact that these homer fans will now get to taste what only the truly classy teams should ever taste. Bill Polian has now reached a Superbowl, thereís a cheery thought to those of us who are sane.

As for the Patriots, I love them and though Iím disappointed I donít blame them. There was so much bullshit that just conspired against them this year that the fact they managed to get this far at all is a miracle to me. I think that the coaching staff let them down. I listened to PFW in Progress podcasts all week and they made a big deal about how someone said the Coaching between the two teams was a tossup, but this was one of the most poorly coached games Iíve seen the Patriots play, I just didnít see any adjustments at all when the Colts started moving the ball at will. And all friggin night long the outside receivers were getting like 5-10 yards of space, what QB in the league couldnít work with that? Especially Mr. Audible. We had a referee friendly to our style of jamming the receivers at the line and we give them 5-10 yards on every play? What the Hell was that?

That Gaffney catch in the back of the end zone was one of the best catches Iíve ever seen. The best ironically enough was made by Marvin Harrison a few years back against the Titans.

Oh yeah, and the flu? What the Hell was up with that? God damn it. Why does this team just have such shitty luck when it comes to injuries and illnesses?

cka203
01-23-2007, 06:53 AM
I realize my .02 won't mean much to you, but I have to ask.....

Why do you feel the Colts are classless? Can you show me one thing they've said that was in any way disrespectful to the opponent? Hell, it seems to me they bend over backwards giving the opponent - whoever they may be - their due. I honestly just don't get it.

The fact that our rivalry is so huge, and your being a Pats fan, I can understand the hurt and even "hate" for my team. You guys have given me more heartache than we've given you, and yet, I don't "hate" your team or fans, and I don't diss your team or organization.

FWIW, I've had many Pats fans tell me they've been to the games, been with Colts fans, and they've got nothing but respect for us. For the most part, we ARE classy, we're good people, and even though you've killed us so many times in the past, we enjoy the competition and rivalry.

Yes, we're enjoying this, as we should. Yes, you're hurting, as is to be expected. I just don't understand the "classless" comment.

Just my .02.

ColtsFan55
01-23-2007, 08:45 AM
I would just say "get over it", like I was told that by several Pats fans when the Colts lost to the Pats in 2004. So, I won't say that.

The Colts an Evil organization? You put a strange confused look on my face with that one. I guarantee you that Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning are far from evil.

The classless thing is interesting as well. Our Coach does not get accused of walking past the opposing teams QB without shaking hands or shoving reporters out of the way. Yeah, Polian can be a prick- but every team has both its "good guys" and "bad guys".

I guess it just surprises me that you feel the way you do. I can understand being sad, depressed, pissed off, but you might be taking it a little too hard.

If it makes you feel any better, fans of the Colts know that feeling and have been there several times in the last 5 years. Its a feeling that can make you just want to :banghead:

Annihilus
01-23-2007, 08:51 AM
IAO, the Colts organization is far from classless, aside from that assmunch Polian.

To be honest with you, if Annihilus hears the word 'class' much more his head is going to explode.

dashoe
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I think the problem with this guy is that he now realizes that Manning will go down as the G.O.A.T. while year after year Brady cements himself as a good system QB.

tehrick67
01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by dashoe on 01-23-2007 at 11:42 AM
I think the problem with this guy is that he now realizes that Manning will go down as the G.O.A.T. while year after year Brady cements himself as a good system QB.

I love the "system qb" stuff, what doe's Peyton play in? A SYSTEM. Just like every other qb....

RoadGrader
01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by dashoe on 01-23-2007 at 11:42 AM
I think the problem with this guy is that he now realizes that Manning will go down as the G.O.A.T. while year after year Brady cements himself as a good system QB. [ Annihilus mode ]

Oh dashoe has made RoadGrader make a crap in his pants from laughing

Roadgrader will now bookmark this thread to throw dashoe's quote back in him face at the appropriate future time

[ /Annilhilus mode ]

Box_O_Rocks
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Annihilus on 01-23-2007 at 08:51 AM
To be honest with you, if Annihilus hears the word 'class' much more his head is going to explode. **Class** This **Class** has **Class** potential **Class** to **Class** be **Class** more **Class** exciting **Class** than **Class** smoke **Class** bombs **Class** in **Class** the **Class** teacher's **Class** lounge! **Class**

>)

NSPatsFan
01-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh I'm sorry to the two Colts fans, that's my mistake you guys were obviously under the mistaken impression I give a shit what Colts fans think. Sorry about that, it's my bad I should have like put up a sign or something.

ColtsFan55
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Someone didn't get their warm milk and cookies today did they?

Bradygina
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Wow and once again the class of NE fans comes out.

NSPatsFan
01-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Coming from someone named Bradygina. That's rich. I also like the homepage you put on your profile http://patssuck.cum But of course that's not classless is it...

WV-Colt
01-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by NSPatsFan on 01-23-2007 at 07:45 PM
Oh I'm sorry to the two Colts fans, that's my mistake you guys were obviously under the mistaken impression I give a shit what Colts fans think. Sorry about that, it's my bad I should have like put up a sign or something.

glad you're continuing where you left off the other day.

so, judging by your criteria, all pats fans must be insufferable crying bitches...since i know for sure that one of them is.

or maybe it's all canadians...i'm so confused.

cka203
01-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by NSPatsFan on 01-23-2007 at 07:45 PM

Someone needs a hug

Maybe you should read what one of your own, Mikiemo, has to say about the "classless" Colts.....

Mikie's Indy Experience (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21146)