PDA

View Full Version : Is it good that Indy lost?

carolinatony
12-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Other than we are always happy when they lose:)
I still think we get the 3 seed so.... we would play Indy in the 2nd round instead of S.D. ....if the Chargers get the 1st seed.
Does this play out better for us?

chiefsgal*
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
it is to me, because I don't like them...as a matter of fact I don't even like my team right now.....we suck:mad:

chef
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CHIEFS LOST TO THE BROWNS HAHAHAHHAHAH ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: ROFL

Moebius
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by chiefsgal on 12-03-2006 at 04:16 PM
as a matter of fact I don't even like my team right now.....we suck:mad:

I was going to taunt you on that, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. That was a hard loss to be sure.

Edit: Obviously our dear Chef doesn't share my restraint.

NJ#1PATSFAN
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I feel good for Romeo...As long as we are not playing them, I like to see them win. Still love Willlie Mac

Box_O_Rocks
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Is it good that Indy lost and Jax has a lead on the fish? :)

chiefsgal*
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by chef on 12-03-2006 at 05:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CHIEFS LOST TO THE BROWNS HAHAHAHHAHAH ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: ROFL

I would be laughing to if I wasn't crying, poor clock managment, piss poor defense, and piss poor coaching.....laugh all you want...we deserve it....:mad:

Box_O_Rocks
12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by chiefsgal on 12-03-2006 at 05:37 PM
I would be laughing to if I wasn't crying, poor clock managment, piss poor defense, and piss poor coaching.....laugh all you want...we deserve it....:mad: Herm gives great butt rubs, his players love him. :shrug:

#1Patsfan_chica
12-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by NJ#1PATSFAN on 12-03-2006 at 05:24 PM
I feel good for Romeo...As long as we are not playing them, I like to see them win. Still love Willlie Mac

I like to see Romeo do good. I don't want him to loose his job.

It's always good to see Indy loose.:D At least, for a day the Colts fan will be freaking out.

patswin
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by #1Patsfan_chica on 12-03-2006 at 05:46 PM
I like to see Romeo do good. I don't want him to loose his job.

It's always good to see Indy loose.:D At least, for a day the Colts fan will be freaking out.

A quick stop at IndyStar yields the expected reading... much wailing and gnashing of teeth over there. I never saw a bigger bunch of fair weather fans. But always good for a laugh.

dred
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Tell me about it patswin.

We are officially in our "sky is falling" mode right now.

Its awesome!

BizarroAnnihilus
12-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by dred on 12-03-2006 at 06:05 PM

Its awesome!

All you need to do is change your name to BizarroDred until the sky quits falling. That'll show them. :thumb:

carolinatony
12-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I was surprised the Chiefs lost today

RoadGrader
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dred on 12-03-2006 at 07:05 PM

Its awesome! dred........

what was the story with AV's FG miss? length? conditions? etc.

dred
12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by RoadGrader on 12-03-2006 at 07:15 PM
dred........

It was a 54-56 yarder. There was a slight wind.

Had the height and distance... just a hair off to the right of the uprights.

We were still up at that point, so bitching about that missed fieldgoal is just being retarded IMO.

It was a nice effort. Just a hair off, like I said.

RoadGrader
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dred on 12-03-2006 at 07:23 PM
It was a 54-56 yarder. There was a slight wind.

Had the height and distance... just a hair off to the right of the uprights.

We were still up at that point, so bitching about that missed fieldgoal is just being retarded IMO.

It was a nice effort. Just a hair off, like I said. TYVM

the "Bring Vandy Back" Thread with the "Vandy at least has the leg to make a 50+ yard FG.. Adam, ehhh not so much" post had me confused

should have known not to trust the validity of Colts fans

Threadkiller
12-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Where is that dope Dashoe? Come get your medicine boy. It's December and the Colts are losing football games. Big f*cking surprise there.

Be a man Dashoe. We took your crap when the Dolts paddled our asses. Now come admit your team "struggles" when Fall turns to Winter. :archive:

Out loud. For all to hear. Come on, man up.

RavenZ
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RoadGrader on 12-03-2006 at 07:15 PM
dred........

He missed a FG?? AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr NFLfan
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by RavenB on 12-03-2006 at 07:32 PM

He might need to cinsider a name change to Almostclutch. :D

carolinatony
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Nobody has mentioned who they would rather play S.D. or Indy?
This is assuming the wildcards all lose and its Balt,Pats,Indy and S.D.
By the way how ling before Indy gets some real competition in their division. Talk about a week division year in and out.

patswin
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by dred on 12-03-2006 at 07:05 PM

Its awesome!

I kind of don't understand the psyche of that crew. I mean, the sheer volume of negativity is amazing, and the name calling and attacks on anyone from another team is, too.
The Colts are freaking 10-2, and got beat by a 60 yard unbelievable field goal, and that is all it takes to set em all off at Indystar.
I kind of wanted to post a few times there but they are so busy devouring one another I think it best to just watch!
I guess that is life in an unmoderated board.

BizarroAnnihilus
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by carolinatony on 12-03-2006 at 07:11 PM
Nobody has mentioned who they would rather play S.D. or Indy?
This is assuming the wildcards all lose and its Balt,Pats,Indy and S.D.
By the way how ling before Indy gets some real competition in their division. Talk about a week division year in and out.

It doesn't really matter, in Annihilus's opinion. There might be a couple of advantages to playing Indy, though:

1. They would only have to travel to Indiana (rather than all the way to the west coast). Of course, this is assuming that the standings stay the same as they are now....which is far from being a given.

2. They know Indy better than the Chargers (of course that could work both ways).

All in all though, Annihilus would choose Indy.

Threadkiller
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BizarroAnnihilus on 12-03-2006 at 08:18 PM
It doesn't really matter, in Annihilus's opinion. There might be a couple of advantages to playing Indy, though:

1. They would only have to travel to Indiana (rather than all the way to the west coast). Of course, this is assuming that the standings stay the same as they are now....which is far from being a given.

2. They know Indy better than the Chargers (of course that could work both ways).

All in all though, Annihilus would choose Indy.

Not me... Marty is a mortal lock to torpedo that team in the playoffs.

BizarroAnnihilus
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Threadkiller on 12-03-2006 at 07:25 PM
Not me... Marty is a mortal lock to torpedo that team in the playoffs.

This is very true. Annihilus is probably just going off of what happened the last time the Pats played the Chargers (a good old fashioned ass-whuppin').

But you're right about Martyball. There's really no reason to think that this year will be any different.

Threadkiller
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BizarroAnnihilus on 12-03-2006 at 08:34 PM
This is very true. Annihilus is probably just going off of what happened the last time the Pats played the Chargers (a good old fashioned ass-whuppin').

But you're right about Martyball. There's really no reason to think that this year will be any different.

He'll go away from all the stuff that made them successful, keep pounding LaDanian Tomlinson into the middle of the line, take the ball away from Gates and Rivers and make them one-dimensional offensively and easy to figure. Then right at the end, when they are only down by two despite his horrific game plan, he'll get even more conservative at the opponents 40 yard line and force his kicker to knock down a 49 yarder to win the game... which of course he will miss.

It's a shame, because if anyone was to win the AFC other than NE I'd want it to be the Chargers (sorry Chiefs Gal... you saw the game today. You are SCREWED with Herm. Abandon hope.) Anyone but the Axis of Evil DEN/PIT/INDY (sorry MIA - you can rejoin the Axis when you get a real quarterback)

carolinatony
12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I am amazed that Marty has passed as much as he has this year. Can he finally getting it? He was had the talent on his teams to do so much more.

dred
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Our biggest fear right now is LT.

And for good reason.

The guy is a monster.

chiefsgal*
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by carolinatony on 12-03-2006 at 09:24 PM
I am amazed that Marty has passed as much as he has this year. Can he finally getting it? He was had the talent on his teams to do so much more.

of course he will probably take them to the playoffs, that is what he does, but then it's over.......>)

dred
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by chiefsgal on 12-03-2006 at 11:06 PM
of course he will probably take them to the playoffs, that is what he does, but then it's over.......>)

Its still a tossup between Dungyball and Martyball during playoff time.

I think Manning gives us the edge though.

No way the Chargers drop out of the playoffs faster than us this year.

Just not happenin'.

Twombles_62
12-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by RavenB on 12-04-2006 at 10:32 AM

I dont see how Patriots fans can be such dicks to A.V, i mean without the guy you wouldnt have won at least two of your superbowls.

cka203
12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
I blame our loss to the Titans on me.....

I had to go to my daughter's Christmas program at school, so couldn't do my pregame routine, couldn't see the game, nothing.

:(

Bad karma, man... and it's all my fault! :banghead:

I don't even know what happened. Gonna try to catch it on NFL Replay. Then maybe I'll have some answers. Right now, I got nothin' to say about it. I didn't even know about the missed FG till I read it here this morning.

:(

I will say, though, I'm not one of those "sky is falling" types.

Any given Sunday..... and the Titans have been playing well lately.

BizarroAnnihilus
12-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Twombles_62 on 12-04-2006 at 05:33 AM
I dont see how Patriots fans can be such dicks to A.V, i mean without the guy you wouldnt have won at least two of your superbowls.

So what?

Just because he used to be an integral part of this team, doesn't mean we can't laugh at him now when he misses a field goal now that he's no longer on the team!

We root for the laundry. We loved him when he was here, but he's a Colt now and will be treated as such.

MEPATNUT
12-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Any time that the Colts los , it's a good thing.

I have absolutly no fear of the Patriots playing the Colts in Indy or anywhere else. Remember it's a playoff game and we all know what the colts do in the playoffs.

dchester
12-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Twombles_62 on 12-04-2006 at 06:33 AM
I dont see how Patriots fans can be such dicks to A.V, i mean without the guy you wouldnt have won at least two of your superbowls. How do you figure that? I'll agree on one, because that kick in the Snow Bowl was probably the greatest kick ever. I don't remember him making a difficult kick (one that any other kicker wouldn't have made), any other time in the playoffs. I do remember him missing a few in Superbowl 38, as well as choking in Denver last year. AV is still very good when kicking from the carpet, but he's just not that good anymore when kicking on grass.

Moebius
12-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Twombles_62 on 12-04-2006 at 05:33 AM

Most of the people will have nothing but respect for A.V. as a former Patriot, and as a person and all that. BUT, that said, he's with a fairly big rival at the moment, so on the field.... that's another story.

Kinda like when Red Sox players go to the Yankees.

patswin
12-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BizarroAnnihilus on 12-04-2006 at 08:33 AM
So what?

Just because he used to be an integral part of this team, doesn't mean we can't laugh at him now when he misses a field goal now that he's no longer on the team!

We root for the laundry. We loved him when he was here, but he's a Colt now and will be treated as such.

Not only that, it provides ammo for those of us who enjoy lobbing a loaded post onto the Colts board to fire those guys up. Kickers are a sore subject for them. First it was Vanderjerk, then AV misses one, then they get smoked by the Titans kicker....
AV was great player for us, but he defected and I wish him nothing but "wide to the right" now, and hopefully that takes place with the game on the line.

Moebius
12-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by cka203 on 12-04-2006 at 06:50 AM
I blame our loss to the Titans on me.....

Nah, the Colts have been flirting with disaster several times recently. When you do, the eventual loss or two is inevitable. The first time they beat the Titans was in spite of themselves, and only a win because of the bonehead mistake from the Titans secondary. They squeaked by the Jets after some stupid mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, Peyton is incredible at leading the 4th quarter comeback drives, but I can think of 2 or 3 this season that were much more a result of idiotic mistakes by the opponents, then drive and talent by the Colts.

O.Z.O.
12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by BizarroAnnihilus on 12-03-2006 at 08:34 PM

Exactly. The only time I fear the Bolts is during the regular season. Schottenheimer is 5-12 in the postseason, including 6 one-and-dones. He hyperlocks worse then Mr. October come postseason time.