PDA

View Full Version : Report: Papi hospitalized for irregular heartbeat

PA_PATS_FAN54*
08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz confirmed to the Boston Herald on Thursday that he was hospitalized last weekend for an irregular heartbeat.

Ortiz told the Herald he began experiencing a rapid heartbeat Friday night after the Red Sox were swept by the New York Yankees in a doubleheader at Fenway Park. Although <b>Ortiz played Saturday, the problem persisted and the Red Sox medical staff advised him to visit Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was held overnight for observation</b>.

Ortiz, who is hitting .286 and leads the majors with 46 homers and 120 RBI this season,<B> didn't miss any time during the Yankees series.<?B>

What bothers me the most is the fact that he did NOT miss any time during the Yankee series.
You'd think with in today's world a player would put his health first and foremost over any damn job.

:confused:

mikiemo83
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by PA_PATS_FAN54
What bothers me the most is the fact that he did NOT miss any time during the Yankee series.
You'd think with in today's world a player would put his health first and foremost over any damn job.

:confused: I think Papi is old school and thought it was just anxiety. Maybe "Manny hamstring" should pay attention to Papi's work ethic

JD10367
08-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Must be the steroids.

Oh, wait... This is David Ortiz we're talking about?

Must be the Quarter-Pounders with Cheese.

mikiemo83
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by JD10367
Must be the steroids.

Oh, wait... This is David Ortiz we're talking about?

Must be the Quarter-Pounders with Cheese. at first I was going to say he was on the latest banned drug -amphetamines but then thought maybe it was one of those double espresso shot extra extra large dunkin donut coffees

#1Patsfan_chica
08-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Another heart scare for David. I just hope he's o.k. and take it slow because it's not like the team is going anywhere. Much love to the Big Papi.:thumb: